dell ordering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scruffy

Car
W209 CLK 320
small piece of advice when ordering from dell, specify on the order the name of the person authorised to sign for the goods.

Somehow they have delivered a new laptop to the wrong address and someone has signed for it, as they would. They say we have received it although won't provide a POD or replacement and I now have to wait for a full investigation (up to 2 weeks) whilst they figure out who has it. Looks like someones got a decent freebie.

Some surprise birthday present this has turned into.

I wondered about that, seems a bit slack really. When ParcelFarce attempted to deliver my AMG rims to the wrong house they were thankfully rejected.

My neighbour has signed for loads of my stuff, digital camera, other computer components, dvds all manner of stuff, lucky I get on with him or he'd probably be shipping them straight out again through ebay!

This is a common problem with all parcel delivery drivers. They are under enormous pressure to deliver everything they have. Companies are cutting back on staff to save money. Parcels not delivered today are added to tomorrows load. It only takes a few days of undelivereds to build into the parcel mountain. Although In Scruffy's case I think the situation is deplorable. In the company in which I work if anything like this happend the driver is interviewed and requested to return to the delivery address and question the occupant. If he is an owner driver HE foots the bill, usually within days not weeks. POD's are available from my company upon request. Scruffy, if its my company please let me know and I will dig into this for you.

I thought all undelivered parcels were divvied up and stolen by the drivers at the end of the day ? :D ;)

Howard said:
I thought all undelivered parcels were divvied up and stolen by the drivers at the end of the day ? :D ;)

Do not even go there !! :mad:

Howard said:
Cheeky! :eek: :p

Ian B Walker said:
This is a common problem with all parcel delivery drivers. They are under enormous pressure to deliver everything they have. Companies are cutting back on staff to save money. Parcels not delivered today are added to tomorrows load. It only takes a few days of undelivereds to build into the parcel mountain. Although In Scruffy's case I think the situation is deplorable. In the company in which I work if anything like this happend the driver is interviewed and requested to return to the delivery address and question the occupant. If he is an owner driver HE foots the bill, usually within days not weeks. POD's are available from my company upon request. Scruffy, if its my company please let me know and I will dig into this for you.

Hi Ian

the carrier is walsh western although they probably sub out as most do, all the carriers we use have on line or tel POD checking however this companies
on line service doesn't seem to work and tel checking is just an automated service so you have to go through dell and their automated service and so it goes on. (are their any real people out there)

It was delivered on the 17th so would imagine the chances of it turning up now are slim but still live in hope

when our Dell stuff was delivered, Walsh Western's online tracking worked perfectly but they did sub the final couple of steps of the journey to local firms.

getting hold of real people at Dell can prove to be hard work but if I were you I'd check your PMs :)

Andy

Walsh in my area is TNT delivered. They have been awesome to deal with.

Other people I know who live out of town are constantly having things delivered to neighbours is out. I won't have a bar of that. If it's not me receiving it - take it back to the depot for collection.

TNT also delivered mine. I was out when they first tried and when I called TNT they said for Walsh Western deliveries have to go to the specified address, they cannot forward to another address or leave with a neighbour.

maybe its an isolated case but the whole system does appear a bit slack and am amazed in 11 days they still can't find the driver and ask him where exactly he delivered it then I could go and get it back, or is that too easy.

Last year I had a suprised entry on my credit card bill 'Dell Computers Ireland' for 1700 euros and it was not mine!! Credit Card company took it up and after 6 weeks refunded money saying it was a fraud transaction delivered to an address in Liverpool (I live in Hampshire) Is there no way of checking these things out as when i buy on-line they want the three security digits on the back of the card and these were obviosly not needed at Dell?? :mad:

Can top the delivered to a neighboor stories.

Whilst I was away on holiday I had a package delivered that I had been waiting 4 weeks for, some new shirts including a gift for my gf. :crazy:

Can you guess where it was left?

At the Depot? ... No :(

Next door Neighboors? ... No :eek:

Safely and Securely hidden in the property? ... Kind Of :confused:

It was placed safely and securely in my wheelie bin. :eek:
I was away on holiday for a week, but even so? in the bin? :crazy:

So needless to say when I got back from holiday.... empty bin except for some rubbish added to as my bin was left on the pavement. :mad:

How did I find this out? The driver left a card saying that a package was left for me from the company and was placed in the bin.
he'd written 3 things on a preprinted card with lots of blank spaces.
Name of the company the parcel was from, who it was for, and that he'd put it in the bin!! :crazy:

So I got on the phone first thing the next day to tell the company. They weren't too impressed. :crazy: but agreed to get the goods resent, amazing they arrived a lot quicker this time round!

Good luck getting your replacement laptop. :D

Cheers

Sparky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom