Dell Server for £99

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
I've received notification of a Dell Special offer, for one day only. Here's the text:

ONE DAY ONLY - SPECIAL LOW PRICE ON DELL SERVER BUNDLE!

On Monday April 4, 2005, Dell is offering a special low price for a Dell server bundle. The retail price for this package is £299 and for one day only, Dell is offering it for an incredibly low price of £99*!

The specifications for this server are as follows:

* Intel® Celeron® Processor 2.53 GHz
* Single Processor Only
* 256MB DDR2 400 MHz Memory
* 80GB 7200rpm SATA hard drive
* Optional Software RAID for higher data availability Embedded Gigabit NIC
* 3 PCI (3x32-bit/33MHz) Slots - 2 PCI Express (1x and x8)
* 1 Year Next Business Day Service

To view this bundle online, click on the encoded URL (affiliate link) below. Please be aware that the retail price of £299 is still showing on the page.

* excluding VAT and delivery.

Dell Server

Think I might grab a few :)

Last edited:
Does it come with the double memory offer too?

No Richard, that's the spec, no other offers apply. The current £50 off and double memory will not apply on Monday. So, currently it's £249; so they're knocking £150 off. I'm sure one could pick up 256mb memory for less :)

Matt, don't you go and nick them all! I want a couple :D

When I add it to the basket it shows up as 249! What am I doing wrong today?

perhaps it's only an email they've sent out to certain (business) accounts - I haven't received one and I seem to get most of Dell's spam :)

I see on the checkout page it says about coupons being credited to your account or entering a coupon number.

Andy

scotth_uk said:
When I add it to the basket it shows up as 249! What am I doing wrong today?
No, it's not an April Fool. Honestly :)

It's only available from Monday:

>>On Monday April 4, 2005, Dell is offering a special low price for a Dell server bundle.
>>Please be aware that the retail price of £299 is still showing on the page.

andy_k said:
perhaps it's only an email they've sent out to certain (business) accounts - I haven't received one and I seem to get most of Dell's spam :)

I see on the checkout page it says about coupons being credited to your account or entering a coupon number.

Andy
No, my business is a Dell affiliate - I get these special offers all the time, but this one really stood out, so I thought I'd post it up ...

I dont think it's april fool, as they did a deal like this about 3 weeks ago.

Flyer said:
No, my business is a Dell affiliate - I get these special offers all the time, but this one really stood out, so I thought I'd post it up ...

Thanks Andrew, much appreciated too.

Comes up as £249.00 for me ???

Sorry to show my ignorance ...... but if you bought one of these could you use it as a home pc ?

Last edited:
Very annoyed with our affiliate firm; they supplied the Dell link, which still goes to the £249 server, but the £99 offer is on the Dell front page. Emailed my contacts for the correct link and they're all off at a bloody conference!

Placed my order for one. Bog standard, no extras. Will upgrade the memory to 1Gb though - an extra £82 (Dell's 1Gb upgrade was about £200 - can't check as the store has just gone down!)

Chaps.......... :rolleyes: calm down !!!

Could i use one as a home pc ? :eek:

Howard said:
Sorry to show my ignorance ...... but if you bought one of these could you use it as a home pc ?
Yes, but it wouldn't be particularly fast. Depends on what you would use it for. If just for general use and internet access, it would be fine. Graphics would be acceptable, but not stellar. It's going to replace my ageing server.

There's no keyboard, mouse or monitor (available as extra). You would definitely want to upgrade the memory (only 256Mb), but other places do cheaper upgrades. I've found 1Gb DDR2 memory for just under £100 (incl. del & VAT).

Don't forget that there's a delivery charge (£49), plus VAT on the lot. Comes out at £173.90.

For what you get, it's a really good deal. Only 1 per customer is a bummer though ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom