Dell Server for £99

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm. The delivery is a bit steep at 50% of the purchase price.

I take it all back......
Flyer, please accept my apologies and thanks.

One dell machine ordered, to be used as a media centre.......

I still can't get my head round a 'server' at £99 though

Just got to persuade the boss (aka her ladyship, swmbo, mrs ted) to ok a wireless keyboard, mouse, dvd writer, digital tv card, wireless card etc etc........

scotth_uk said:
Hmm. The delivery is a bit steep at 50% of the purchase price.
Got to agree ... but, standard Dell delivery charge. The answer, I suppose, is to also order one of these beauties :cool:

Just a warning, these only have 8MB graphics card, and NO AGP slot, so you can't install a higher end graphics card either :(

Really only useable as a Server, or a PC for web surfing.

Matt, it's got two PCI-Express slots (1x8, 1x1), so with a PCIx card, you'd be OK.

Ted, cheers :)

Flyer......

Can you let me know where you're getting the DDR Memory from ?

We get our DDR2 memory from ebuyer. You will need DDR2 533 ECC registered, or non-registered if your taking out the single 256MB stick.

These machines wont allow you to mix ECC types.

I use ebuyer for a lot of gear, but also overclockers ...

This memory is: Corsair 1GB DDR2 Value Select PC4200 Dual Channel Kit (2x512MB) (VS1GBKIT533D2) (MY-066-CS) (£81.95+)

Same memory here at ebuyer (£91.73+)

Not particularly fast, but then again, neither is the server :D

It's not cheap when you add all the delivery charges it near doubles the price . . .

Total excl. VAT VAT Rate Total incl. VAT
Sub-total £99.00 17.50 % £116.33
Total Delivery Charge £49.00 17.50 % £57.58
Total Price £148.00 17.50 % £173.90

£57.58 delivery charge !! :crazy:

I know, the DELL delivery charges are very expensive. We buy 20 - 30 servers at a go and often have a ~£950 + VAT delivery charge.

It would be cheaper for us to drive over to Ireland and get the servers, but they wont let us :(

For that price I would expect it to be delivered, unpacked, set up and that nights dinner cooked!

I couldn't click "submit order" once I saw the freight fees. Just not that cheap once you factor in the shipping.

I couldn't click "submit order" once I saw the freight fees

Thats exactly how I felt - as though I was being conned actually.

I felt the same as I do when an ebayer sells something eg a CD for 99p and has eg £9.99 for p+p when he really wants is to sell it for £11 :mad:

Perhaps some feedback to Dell ? Is is sales they want or income from p+p ?

I've bought 5 now, through friends & family.

I still save £150 each on these servers with todays offer, regardless of the P&P costs, so I can't complain! :)

:D Just the one, confirmation's just come through.

If you're VAT registered, the actual outlay is £148. £82 extra for 1Gb RAM.

£230 for a basic server. It may not be a mega-spec, but you're not going to find one that cheap for less. If you can't reclaim the VAT, it becomes a fair bit more expensive though.

Maff, tidy saving there ... I wish my affiliate link had worked earlier! ;)

Flyer said:
:D Just the one, confirmation's just come through.

If you're VAT registered, the actual outlay is £148. £82 extra for 1Gb RAM.

£230 for a basic server. It may not be a mega-spec, but you're not going to find one that cheap for less. If you can't reclaim the VAT, it becomes a fair bit more expensive though.

Maff, tidy saving there ... I wish my affiliate link had worked earlier! ;)

Just ordered another via your affiliate link (well my G/F did) :)

*Edit: another one done via your link, might be able to order a third shortly too...

Last edited:
I am on the VAT flat rate scheme, so cannot reclaim VAT unless it's over £2000 per sale. :-(

Maff said:
Just ordered another via your affiliate link (well my G/F did) :)

*Edit: another one done via your link, might be able to order a third shortly too...

Cheers matey :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom