DeLonghi Bean to Cup Coffee Machine Reliability?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
Does anyone here use a DeLonghi bean to cup coffee machine?

If so, are you happy with its overall performance and reliability. If you had to replace it would you buy another?

Currys currently offer the Perfecta ESAM 5500.B at 50% off normal price: £375.

I use the Magnifica. It's been in daily use for 4yrs never a problem. I only drink strong expresso easily put 750g of beans through in a week. Coffee is always beautifully presented and at good temperature. I always descale when it prompts and always only fill with filtered water

I'd definitely recommend :)

Last edited:
I'm on my 2nd. The first one gave 4 years service but then the mechanism jammed. I understand that this is a fairly common problem, but what the hell, it gives great flavour and it's easy to use so I bought another.

This time, I paid for the extended warranty.

Another +1 for Magnifica - one year old and superb!

Very happy with ours, had it for 3 years or thereabouts. My brother has a Jura and bought us the DeLonghi to use when he was staying with us as he loves coffee.

:d: :d: :d: :d: :d:

Attachments

• Moka pot.jpeg
    Moka pot.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks for that, but my existing Tassimo (plus Nespresso Aerocinno) has spoilt me for its ease of use.

We primarily drink cuppacinno and lattes, so the next model up with the auto milk carafe suits me better.

Can anyone give me an idea how long they take to go from cold to cup of hot coffee in your hand ????

Mine is very variable. First thing in the morning sometimes it seems almost instant and I'm still dozing, other times it seems to take forever.

It all seems to depend on whether it needs to get up for work that day.

I'm on my 2nd. The first one gave 4 years service but then the mechanism jammed. I understand that this is a fairly common problem, but what the hell, it gives great flavour and it's easy to use so I bought another.

This time, I paid for the extended warranty.

What was duration and cost of extended warranty?

Which magnifica model are people using here? On Amazon searching for this lists models from £299 to more than £500

Can anyone give me an idea how long they take to go from cold to cup of hot coffee in your hand ????

From first switch on, approx 90sec after that (assuming you leave it switched on) approx 20sec. It will auto switch off after approx 2hrs inactivity.
At first switch on the cup is warmed by filling with water used to heat up the machine after that cups are kept warm by sitting on the ' boiler'.

Brilliant machine, couldn't survive without it ;)

I've had about three coffee machines and all suffered from a nasty plasticcy taste. I think the water picks up the plastic taste from the water reservoir.

Does the magnifica get round this problem?

I've had about three coffee machines and all suffered from a nasty plasticcy taste. I think the water picks up the plastic taste from the water reservoir.

Does the magnifica get round this problem?

Certainly no plasticy taste here!

Brilliant machine, couldn't survive without it ;)

Are you really saying that a coffee machine is a life or death issue? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom