Delphi Ceramic Brake Pads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MaKaToM

Car
C204 C63
Hi guys,

The C204 C63 went in for its MOT today (which it flew through) and while I was collecting it, I asked if the garage had any recommendations on low dust brake pads, as the ORM ones create too much brake dust for my liking.
The garage suggested Delphi Ceramic Pads, but as I’ve never heard of them, I thought I’d ask you opinions.

thanks for the help guys 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Tom

Never used them myself, but ceramic pads seem very popular these days with those who are fussed about the aesthetics of their wheels.

Don't forget the health benefits and one day the dusty OE and oem will be no more .

Yeah I’ve just had the wheels refurbed (2 days ago) and they look brilliant... until a mile in when the dust makes them look old and rusty.

Check out Akebono (amazon will deliver) or ATE Ceramics

Which ones fit the C204 C63? Apologies, I’m looking but don’t want to accidentally order the wrong akebono pads.

thanks!

Do ceramic pads cause more wear to brake discs?

Are there NO downsides to the ceramic pads?

Delphi is a big supplier of OE parts for the likes of GM. It's probably the biggest company you've never heard of.

I believe they can be marginally less effective when cold and they cost a bit more.

I believe they can be marginally less effective when cold and they cost a bit more.
Although more expensive they tend to last longer so I believe the cost works out around the same.

It's the fact that ceramic pads cause lots less dust that make them an attractive buy for me.
I found some TRW ceramic front pads for the E63 on Autodoc for fitting when the time comes.

It's the fact that ceramic pads cause lots less dust that make them an attractive buy for me.
I found some TRW ceramic front pads for the E63 on Autodoc for fitting when the time comes.
Yes Rog, I’ve got ceramic pads on my C32 and washing the wheels takes a 3 second jet wash and they are as good as new! In contrast - the Brembo pads on my W212 are horrible for dust as are the OE ones on my W211!

Usually the Opposite. They're a bit milder on discs

That's interesting, I'm guessing that they must wear a bit faster than regular pads but the dust they produce doesn't bind to wheels

Useful stuff

Having only come across organic and sintered it seems like ceramic should be the default option for road use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom