Delphi Ceramic Brake Pads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's interesting, I'm guessing that they must wear a bit faster than regular pads but the dust they produce doesn't bind to wheels
That is something I am yet to find out. The dust is also white or grey. So they never make your wheels appear filthy.

Just checked with Euro and they stock Brembo for my 350, so next time I’m able to go back into work I’ll give them a try. Seriously fed up with super alloys looking grim.

Just checked with Euro and they stock Brembo for my 350, so next time I’m able to go back into work I’ll give them a try. Seriously fed up with super alloys looking grim.
Brembo OE will disappoint you.

Have to agree with this finding. Brembo are no less dusty than other brands of non ceramic pads.
Yup, just buying a re-branded Comline when buying Brembo OE.

May as well buy the Comline, the box only goes in the bin.

What’s your recommendation for my front pads ? In ceramic that is.
TRW Dtec
Bendix CQ
Jurid White
Akebono (if you can source them)
Wagner
Textar epad
AC Delco

To find them. It'll be very much about sourcing the ceramic alternative part numbers.

I have Brembo on the front and they are signifcantly dirtier than the pervious Pagid (I Think). I will give ceramics a go next time. If I ever get to the US again I'll bring some back with me.

I have Brembo on the front and they are signifcantly dirtier than the pervious Pagid (I Think). I will give ceramics a go next time. If I ever get to the US again I'll bring some back with me.
Screenshot_20210119-135446.png

That's because brembo OE is just rebranded Allied Nippon. They also are responsible for Comline. They're known for high levels of soot in the industry.
Second hand traders always buy Comline as they're cheap and customer's assume it's Original components used. I actually dislike the used traders, they're so under handed its unreal.
Tried to sell me a late mk 1 BMW mini before and tried to tell me the engine was BMW, when i knew it was Chrysler. 😂.

You wouldn't have as much dust and soot from Icer.
They also have a better co-efficiency than the Mercedes Factory pad too.

Christ I didn't think it possible to get dustier than Pagid till I swapped to ceramics .

This is four days low mileage .

20190503_102119.jpg

They
Christ I didn't think it possible to get dustier than Pagid till I swapped to ceramics .

This is four days low mileage .

View attachment 107760

They are quite dusty for a ceramic pad.
How many miles have they covered?

Have you tried cleaning the alloy then applying furniture polish to the alloys?
Clean them. dry them off.. and spray a cloth with furniture polish. Do it three times and see if the dust sticks to them the same.

I've only ever installed ceramic pads once. Which were a set of Jurid whites on a Bmw.
I removed the discs and machined them off with about 100 grit sand paper. So the surfaces were clean. I did not want to contaminate the new ceramic pads with the old brake lining that had transferred to the discs.

Also had the customer then bolt down motorway very late to bed them in and do stops for about 5 minutes.

-""Drive the vehicle down a familiar road that is free from traffic or has sparse traffic flows. Increase the vehicle's speed to 35 miles per hour and then bring the vehicle to a stop using moderate foot pressure on the brake pedal. Accelerate again to 35 mph after the stop and repeat 10 times. Accelerate and stop evenly each time.

Increase speed to 45 mph and stop the vehicle forcefully but evenly three times. You should bring the vehicle to a complete stop each time before accelerating to the next stop. It is important to control how much pressure you apply on the brake pedal when you bed-in ceramic brake pads to avoid skidding the tires across the pavement.
Drive the vehicle home and allow the brakes pads and rotors to cool for at least 15 minutes before using the brake system again. Bed-in ceramic brake pads to increase the life of the pads and improve braking response and performance.""-

They

They are quite dusty for a ceramic pad.
How many miles have they covered?

Have you tried cleaning the alloy then applying furniture polish to the alloys?
Clean them. dry them off.. and spray a cloth with furniture polish. Do it three times and see if the dust sticks to them the same.

I've only ever installed ceramic pads once. Which were a set of Jurid whites on a Bmw.
I removed the discs and machined them off with about 100 grit sand paper. So the surfaces were clean. I did not want to contaminate the new ceramic pads with the old brake lining that had transferred to the discs.

Also had the customer then bolt down motorway very late to bed them in and do stops for about 5 minutes.

-""Drive the vehicle down a familiar road that is free from traffic or has sparse traffic flows. Increase the vehicle's speed to 35 miles per hour and then bring the vehicle to a stop using moderate foot pressure on the brake pedal. Accelerate again to 35 mph after the stop and repeat 10 times. Accelerate and stop evenly each time.

Increase speed to 45 mph and stop the vehicle forcefully but evenly three times. You should bring the vehicle to a complete stop each time before accelerating to the next stop. It is important to control how much pressure you apply on the brake pedal when you bed-in ceramic brake pads to avoid skidding the tires across the pavement.
Drive the vehicle home and allow the brakes pads and rotors to cool for at least 15 minutes before using the brake system again. Bed-in ceramic brake pads to increase the life of the pads and improve braking response and performance.""-

That's Pagid nuclear fall out before I went to ceramic bliss .

At work we had an order of the Ultra Premium by Icer recently.

I use this brand on my w202 and never find them dusty. On a C63 though. I am unsure how they will be.
However, I always get positive feedback about them being better than the factory pad.

s-l1600 (6)_opt.jpg20210105_073922-removebg-preview.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom