Deluded seller?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
1994 MERCEDES SL280 AUTO BLUE | eBay

How on earth he managed to get an agreed insurance value like that is beyond belief and to expect to sell it for the same is madness. Do people not bother to look at what other similar models are going for?

It's a free market so no doubt he'll find that out when it doesn't sell. Not sure who would have valued it at £9600. It's not really hit classic status so the mileage is going to count against it. Panoramic roof obviously isn't original for a '94 car.

I was always under the impression that some classic car insurers will pretty much insure at whatever agreed value you like, and the premium reflects.

That's how some caravan insurers operate - mine included - the premium is directly proportional to the value. For example: you have a caravan which is a few years old and you can choose to have new-for-old cover based on £25k - quite common on newish caravans. You can choose to insure it at market value, let's say £12.5k, and the premium halves (precisely).

I had a classic policy on my c124 a few years back. It's an "agreed market" value, load of rubbish as the market is always changing.

Different to an actual agreed value policy which requires you to have the car valued by an official owners club.

Maybe a potential buyer will offer 2K less. The Vendor accepts. The buyer is over the Moon because he knocked 2K off the asking price and considers himself to be a bartering God and got an excellent deal. Maybe the Vendor really wanted around 5k. He is quids in as well.
Everyones happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom