demisting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david b

2 questions,I have a new 203 C-Class when I switch demisting on it makes the sceen worse for about 5 secs, completely misting it up , do they all do this or am I doing something wrong?
Also how do I switch on the heated door mirrors?

Don't know about the demisting problem.
The door mirrors come on themselves below about 8 degress Centigrade.
Don't think you can FORCE them to come on.

david b said:
2 questions,I have a new 203 C-Class when I switch demisting on it makes the sceen worse for about 5 secs, completely misting it up , do they all do this or am I doing something wrong?
Also how do I switch on the heated door mirrors?

Yeap... Thats normal or not a fault on some of the W203s - well its happened on couple of them that I have owned by the later one is fine.....

Not sure about door mirros but its suppsoed to be automatic...

Flash

misty mornings

i think its vapour on the screen when you first turn on and if its set to blow at the screen this can make it worse,i have mine set to front vents but still a little air gets to the screen,and seems ok no mist, on the mirrors as the weather gets colder you will see the mirrors (for the want of a better word ) smoke as they start defrosting the glass :D

Do you have the aircon on normally? If you had it off, switching the heaters to demist will switch the aircon back on which probably causes the misting to occur.

still the same problem, when turning demist on the screen mists up worse than before, am I doing something wrong? with air con off I turn the blower switch to no 6 and it mists the sceen up. any ideas/

Condensation in the vents /pipes possibly - think it's normal.

Do you keep AC on all the time, or turn it on/off as you feel you need it (better to keep it on, and use climate control to keep to required temp). ?

My SLK mists up in this way too - have had it happen on other cars in the past as well.

Same happens on my clk - mists up & then clears ok. I assume its normal.

Fairly common when the air temperature starts to drop. Residual condensed moisture from the aircon system means you get an initial blast of damp air when you start up which then condenses on the cold windscreen.

If it bugs you turn the aircon off for the last few minutes of your journey. Helps clear some of the condensation off the coils.

...normal behaviour on my W202 C230K...
Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom