Demisting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wizeng

Car
W203 220CDI A/G Sport Est
What do you use inside your windscreen to help prevent misting at this time of the year?
P.S. Happy Christmas to everyone in case I don't post again before.:thumb:

Fine , if your car has aircon .

An expensive way to do it as well!

Unfortunately, not a lot of other options bar letting the car warm up for a bit.

m.

Unfortunately, not a lot of other options bar letting the car warm up for a bit.

m.

Only if you have to retro-fit the a/c!

I have never seen any reduction in mpg when using the a/c, I did test it out when I first got the 203. Now the a/c stays on permanently :thumb:

Always leave the aircon on(will only cause problems if you forget to turn it back on after winter)Have monitored the difference in mpg in previous mb's(clk320/c180k)over a tank(mixed urban/motorway)& the difference is minimal:)

I'm sure my grandmother used to recommend polishing the bathroom mirror with tooth paste to prevent misting. I bought some RainX for the glass on my old W202 (which had aircon but a failing interior fan) but drove it into a motorway barrier before having chance to try it.

While on the subject of inside windscreen clarity,"what do people suggest for the cleaning of the insides of the windscreen without smearing"
John.

While on the subject of inside windscreen clarity,"what do people suggest for the cleaning of the insides of the windscreen without smearing"
John.

The "local" Kosovan car cleaners do a good job. No smears on my windscreen. LOL :D

Yes great that,I'll have to pop along to Colchester to have mine done,Let me see now,when can I do it.

I always find the household glass wipes leave a smear free finish(like the ones you get in any of the big supermarket chains);)

learn a new trick everyday :)

Sorry when you say glass wipes are you talking glass(windows) or glass (wine) it sounds like a good idea,maybe my wife will know.

Autoglym Fast Glass does it for me.

That and the windscreen defrost button. :)

The biggest problem with cleaning the inside or outside of windows is the material you use to wipe it.:eek:

Personally I favour Mr Muscle window cleaner and "Blue Industrial paper". No smears and clear as a bell.

m.

Try it without a fan - not pleasant! I had rivers of condensation running down the inside of my screen last week. Thankfully all better now after a trip to Olly..

Sorry when you say glass wipes are you talking glass(windows) or glass (wine) it sounds like a good idea,maybe my wife will know.
Glass wipes for windows;)

Vinegar and newspaper. :rolleyes:

If your car is misting badly, make sure the pollen filter is clean and dry. Any leaks into here and your call will constantly mist up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom