Demolition Derby Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Has anybody on here, entered the South East England Demolition Derby today?

Entry seems straight forward enough, participants must:

1) Switch of all visible external lighting on their vehicles.
2) Extra points will be granted for owners of rain spray grey coloured cars that have adhered to rule (1)
3) Within seconds of joining a Motorway (remember rule 1) you must attempt to hook your front bumper onto to any vehicle ahead of you.
4) If the vehicles ahead of you have come to a standstill? You must accelerate, make no attempt to stop and then crash into the back of them.
5) On successful completion of (4) You must stand on the hard shoulder and feign a look of incredulity. How did that queue of traffic manage to reverse into me at that speed?
6) Bonus points are collected by identifying random bits of bodywork left scattered all over the carriageway.
7) Standing water is fun. Can you get your car to complete a triple salco whilst jamming your foot on the brake in a puddle the size of Kent and visible from outer space?

Stay at home folks. It raining hard, and they are out there playing.

I always enjoy your posts Bruce, keep it up. :thumb::D

Nice and sunny up here in the north east, I can even hear a few organ donors out giving it rock-all on their crotch rockets.

Nice and sunny up here in the north east, I can even hear a few organ donors out giving it rock-all on their crotch rockets.

Come on mate, that’s not even funny :(

Seems to be a good Friday thing, lets get the caravan,boat trailer or whatever contrivance you may own and despite the fact that it has had no attention since the last time it was parked up............ Just drag it up the motorway at 70 and hope the tyres are up to it. I refuse to drive on bank holidays, Easter does seem to be the worst time for idiots I prefer to let them get on with it and just stay home.

Come on mate, that’s not even funny :(

I just get sick of them sometimes, maybe they are more abundant here along the coast as theres some good roads, but when your going along at 60 and 3, 4, 5 bikes go zooming past at 14000rpm round corners, over blind summits, it makes me shiver.
they need to keep it to the track. I know not all bikers are like this, and of course i'm not talking about them, it's just the idiots.

I just get sick of them sometimes, maybe they are more abundant here along the coast as theres some good roads, but when your going along at 60 and 3, 4, 5 bikes go zooming past at 14000rpm round corners, over blind summits, it makes me shiver.
they need to keep it to the track. I know not all bikers are like this, and of course i'm not talking about them, it's just the idiots.

Fair enough, we’ve got the same issue with some car drivers too :)

Agreed, there is a few. It would seem the roads are not policed as much these days.

It's a very rare occasion if it makes you feel any better lol

At least it should have washed all the salt and grit off the roads, gives me more chance of getting the 968 out Sunday for a jaunt or Wednesday for our club meet!

Really rams home the advice I was given by my driving instructor on my first driving lesson back in 1968. Look at all the cars around you, imagine what is the most stupid thing each could do next, and be prepared because one day one will! The art of defensive driving, has served me well for many years (touches wood rapidly). Funnily enough, the worst problem I had on my driving lessons was not lady drivers, it was London busses!!

I completed a 150 mile trip home today with absolutely no issues at all.

In fact I've done 600 miles this week with no congestion whatsoever.

I do, however, remember when cities were dead quiet on a bank holiday and all the traffic was on the coast.

I do, however, remember when cities were dead quiet on a bank holiday and all the traffic was on the coast.

Showing your age there mucca. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom