Denim bleed into leather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeHartley

Car
2007 E200 Kompressor automatic
Hi,
Has anyone got a good solution for this? I've searched the net without a deal of success - the only likely one seemed to be Turtlewax Luxe Leather but is only available in America.
Any advice will be much appreciated.
Mike

I get bad staining from our jeans (cheap jeans I guess) onto my beige light leather, I tried several creams and potions but never really with much success, but just last week I decided to give it a last clean before winter sets in, I had an old spray bottle of AG Leather Cleaner so tried it again, sprayed it on, let it soak for 3 or 4 minutes, then sprayed a bit more (to keep it nice and wet), left it again then attacked it with a soft nail brush (which I had never done before, scared to I guess), then wiped the soapy mess off with a couple of damp clean clothes, then let it dry overnight.........seats came up like new, all clean and when dry nice and soft again.

No doubt other makes work just as well, but this is the first time I have noticed such a difference.

Another case of RTFI :D

Bearing in mind that when I'm driving I mostly wear jeans, and that my car seats are Alpaca (light grey), I'm lucky to only have barely noticeable denim bleed after over three years. It could be that my jeans are good quality (though I doubt they're anything special, although my wife's probably are) or that we both sit still so there's less chance of denim bleed. I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm grateful because the comfort ventilated seats are covered in tiny holes which I'm sure would soon fill with any chemicals or polishes if I used them. So all the seats ever get is a wipe over with a damp cloth.

Decent pairs of jeans do bear in mind, shouldn't be washed that often, if at all... and end up causing this sometimes. Especially on trainers which really annoys me, this is why I've steered clear of cream or light leather as it looks so dodgy when this happens

Decent pairs of jeans do bear in mind, shouldn't be washed that often, if at all...

Surely even decent jeans get dirty and require washing?

Not sure I understand the logic to this, is this on expensive jeans washing instructions (or no washing instructions ;)) ?

boxbrownie said:
Surely even decent jeans get dirty and require washing? Not sure I understand the logic to this, is this on expensive jeans washing instructions (or no washing instructions ;)) ?

Depends what you're doing in the jeans, I wouldn't wear them whilst doing anything that will get them dirty or the like

If I need to spot clean I'll do a localised hand wash, I don't shell out money for nice jeans to ruin them by washing them after every wear!- ruining the colour and the thread

Leaving them to air is ample enough to keep clean and fresh. Also owning five or six pairs help so it's not like they're being worn daily or weekly without washing

Sounds strange yes, but this is normal with expensive jeans :eek:

Jeans and leather (trainers)?

Is it 1978 again??

boxbrownie said:
So you do not buy £4 pairs in ASDA? :D

The one and only time I've been in a supermarket for jeans is back one night where a friend came with me to a gig I was DJ'ing at, the bouncers wouldn't let him in (for some stupid reason he was wearing joggers) so i suggested in a time of desperation we nip to Tescos and buy their £4 finest :)

No offence to anyone that buys Asda George or Tesco jeans of course, each to their own.

Although I know who's jeans will last longer!

brucemillar said:
Xhamster has great educational videos on wetting jeans. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK
I've just spent hours looking through their website but not found any advice yet. I'll have to keep looking.

OOOH girls. Fashion advice on a car forum. Whatever next...

The quality of a denim has nothing to do with dye transfer.

Speak to Judy at LTT of Harrogate. They have a range of Auto Leather cleaners from mild to strong.
If you use their strong leather cleaner and the dye transfer has not come out then the leather will have to be re-colour sprayed I am afraid - simple.

I have a much simpler solution - I don't wear denim when driving Mercedes cars.

White jeans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom