Denison Gateway ipod kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maddog

Looking for one of these for my W210 , can anyone suggest a stockist???

Thanks i'm looking for recomendations as well if poss.

dension

hi maddog,

i bought a dension i pod kit for my e211 with the most kit i would not waste your money.they work but you have to use it like a cd auto changer indeed it works by kidding the most ring that it is a cd changer.i also got the bluetooth adapter so i could use it with a phone,great to answer the phone you have to select disc 5 and press track forward its safer to use it in your hand.however it does play the i pod and you can forward and reverse track. i have taken it out i paid £325 including the bluetooth adapter it is the gateway 500 if you look on the desion website it is new if you are interested you can have it for £100 if not fleebay

hitch

hi maddog,

i bought a dension i pod kit for my e211 with the most kit i would not waste your money.they work but you have to use it like a cd auto changer indeed it works by kidding the most ring that it is a cd changer.i also got the bluetooth adapter so i could use it with a phone,great to answer the phone you have to select disc 5 and press track forward its safer to use it in your hand.however it does play the i pod and you can forward and reverse track. i have taken it out i paid £325 including the bluetooth adapter it is the gateway 500 if you look on the desion website it is new if you are interested you can have it for £100 if not fleebay

hitch

I would be interested but i think my car is D2b is it the same ie fits on the fibre optic feed to the cd changer???

hi Hitch,
does that mean you cant answer the phone via BT adapter and GW500 simply by pressing the button on the steering?
i dont even have a mutidisc 5 on my basic ausio20 steup.

Try RaySmith.co.uk - been chatting to them this AM: very helpful indeed (and i have not spent any money yet) and seem to know what they're talking about
rob

Umm shouldn't that be "No". The D2B and MOST models are completely different and incompatible. I suppose you may mean "Yes it fits on the fibre optic ring" which may well be true but you can't use hitch's.

I have a Gateway 500 and really like it but I have a separate Mercedes phone kit so can't comment on their bluetooth interface.

Umm shouldn't that be "No". The D2B and MOST models are completely different and incompatible. I suppose you may mean "Yes it fits on the fibre optic ring" which may well be true but you can't use hitch's.

I have a Gateway 500 and really like it but I have a separate Mercedes phone kit so can't comment on their bluetooth interface.

NO the answer was yes... his questions was

"is it the same ie fits on the fibre optic feed to the cd changer???"

to which the answer is YES it sits on the optic ring however MOST and D2B are incompatible.

However I had a dension d2b and have to say it was a complete load of rubbish.

Hitch,
Do you still have the Dension Gateway 500 MOST for sale or did you manage to sell it? I'd be interested if it's still available.

hi maddog,

hitch

I also have the MOST based gateway 500 in my w211, also purchased through the forum. I have not fitted the bluetooth adapter as I have prewire. I have just upgraded to the latest 2.15 firmware. Now get full track and playlist function through the headunit and wheel buttons select tracks, the dash also now displays the same as the head unit fully.

The old firmware only gave the playlist title and first track info.

Also the update seems to make accessing the ipod control faster. loosing the cd changer is not an issue with a large Ipod.

Also the gateway does allow the connection of a usb device, so a 500Gb hard drive would hold more than any ipod.

The only thing I hate is the loss of the internal DVD player on the head unit. but not tried since the firmware was upgraded so this might be fixed too

Would recommend the firmware upgrade before selling.

Last edited:
I was a great fan of the Gateway 500 MOST that I fitted to my ML, although the functionality takes some getting used to, but recently it has started draining the battery overnight. I have spoken to the supplier and even to a tech at their place in Germany, but despite the unit being just under a year old their lack of interest has annoyed me no end. I have now had to wire it up to a switched live, but if you forget to unplug the iPod before you switch off, the system crashes and you have to reset. Grrrrr!!

A friend of mine did a group buy for these on the BMW forum that he is a member of and got a good deal.

Can get the details if anyone is interested.

i installed the GW500 and Bluetooth module on my w211 eclass Audio 20 (no CDC)
Works very nicely, high quality audio, basic handsfree tel functions.
Simple installation. PM me for any more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom