Dension Gateway 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keiron99

Car
E220 W211 Exec SE
I have an NTG2.5 Comand in my W211.

The limitations of the built in memory and SD card capacity are driving me nuts so I want a proper integrated iPod solution.

I now that I can get the proper MB kit for circa £180 (plus installation) and that will allow me to operate using the steering wheel controls and the instrument cluster. However, in my opinion, the single line display of the instrument cluster is really not an ideal way of navigating through my extensive library.

I have therefore had a look at the Dension Gateway 500.

As far as I can tell, I can use the instrument cluster and steering wheel controls as with the MB connection kit and ALSO the headunit so that I get a more extensive display and can use the buttons on there. (Not recommended whilst driving, I know, but much easier to use when static.)

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone have experience of this piece of kit? Thanks
[/FONT]

You might be better off getting the media interface kit fitted, but I'm not 100% sure what that gives you in terms of display - suggest you speak to Comandonline about your options - they really do know what they're talking about!

I have an NTG2.5 Comand in my W211.

The limitations of the built in memory and SD card capacity are driving me nuts so I want a proper integrated iPod solution.

I now that I can get the proper MB kit for circa £180 (plus installation) and that will allow me to operate using the steering wheel controls and the instrument cluster. However, in my opinion, the single line display of the instrument cluster is really not an ideal way of navigating through my extensive library.

I have therefore had a look at the Dension Gateway 500.

As far as I can tell, I can use the instrument cluster and steering wheel controls as with the MB connection kit and ALSO the headunit so that I get a more extensive display and can use the buttons on there. (Not recommended whilst driving, I know, but much easier to use when static.)

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone have experience of this piece of kit? Thanks
[/FONT]

The Dension will not work with NTG 2.5. You really need the Media Interface to get display and control on the Comand and the instrument cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom