Dension Gateway GWL1DB1 in CLK W209 2004

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jernhenrik

Car
CLK 2004 W209
Hi Guys

I am trying to install a Dension Gateway Lite GWL1DB1 in my CLK W209.
The Dension Gateway is going to replace the original MC 3010 Cd-changer located in the glove-compartment.
The original connectors unmounted from the CD-changer don't fit in the Dension device. This isn't a problem for the power-connector; I can manage to change the connector. However the FiberOptic-cables enclosed with the Dension are designed to adding a device or to replace the existing cable mounted in the Command DX navigation/Radio unit.
So I just need a FiberOptic converter to be able to mount the original Merc D2B cable in the Dension. Alternatively I have to disassemble the center-console and replace the original cable, very unconvenient.
Does anyone of You have any experience with this kind of project?

Regards Frank

Hi Guys

I am trying to install a Dension Gateway Lite GWL1DB1 in my CLK W209.
The Dension Gateway is going to replace the original MC 3010 Cd-changer located in the glove-compartment.
The original connectors unmounted from the CD-changer don't fit in the Dension device. This isn't a problem for the power-connector; I can manage to change the connector. However the FiberOptic-cables enclosed with the Dension are designed to adding a device or to replace the existing cable mounted in the Command DX navigation/Radio unit.
So I just need a FiberOptic converter to be able to mount the original Merc D2B cable in the Dension. Alternatively I have to disassemble the center-console and replace the original cable, very unconvenient.
Does anyone of You have any experience with this kind of project?

Regards Frank

You should be able to plug the CD changer connection into the loom adapter that came with the Dension. Then simply loop the extra 'port' on the cable if there is one.

Do not be tempted to cut the cables and insert them into a different connector.

You should be able to plug the CD changer connection into the loom adapter that came with the Dension. Then simply loop the extra 'port' on the cable if there is one.

Do not be tempted to cut the cables and insert them into a different connector.
Hi Alfie
And thanks for Your interest.
The Dension package include a fiber-optic cable equipped with a Dension-connector, a female and a male D2B connector; that leaves a male D2B connector when connecting the existing cable from Command to Dension. The package from Dension include a male Loop which in my case should have been a female.
That's the problem!

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom