Dension gateway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your 03 car is D2B fibre optic audio system. GW500S-BT is for MOST fibre optic system. There are no aftermarket (i.e non Mercedes) phone systems for D2B technology. But www.comandonline.co.uk has a retrofit kit made of Mercedes parts plus you need a non Mercedes bluetooth adapter as the Mercedes one doesn't work in D2B cars. Contact them ..

R

Awakening an old thread as I'm looking at the Dension 500S BT unit for my CLK. Has anyone fitted this to a Comand 2.0 in a car which did not have fibre or a CD changer?

Awakening an old thread as I'm looking at the Dension 500S BT unit for my CLK. Has anyone fitted this to a Comand 2.0 in a car which did not have fibre or a CD changer?

Comand 2.0 is D2B fibre optics. Dension GW500S-BT is MOST fibre optics. They are not compatible.

Richard

Comand 2.0 is D2B fibre optics. Dension GW500S-BT is MOST fibre optics. They are not compatible.

Richard
Gateway-500-mercedes-400x400.jpg

Are you sure? This is the comand unit which I am talking about.

W209 facelift, 2006

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Gateway-500-mercedes-400x400.jpg

Are you sure? This is the comand unit which I am talking about.

W209 facelift, 2006

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thats not Comand 2. Its NTG 2 and its MOST based.

Thats not Comand 2. Its NTG 2 and its MOST based.
Thought it was called Comand NTG 2.0

So can the dension 500s bt be fitted if the car has never had a CD changer or fibre optic & is it a simple plug & play with the exception of the changer/optic coding?

Thought it was called Comand NTG 2.0

So can the dension 500s bt be fitted if the car has never had a CD changer or fibre optic & is it a simple plug & play with the exception of the changer/optic coding?

COMAND NTG2. The pre-facelift is COMAND 2.0

Its not simple plug and play. You need to solder the power wires and have COMAND and other control modules coded to make it work properly. We install quite a lot of these - it doesn't matter if the car has CDC or not before in terms of whether it can work or not.

Cheers

Richard

COMAND NTG2. The pre-facelift is COMAND 2.0

Its not simple plug and play. You need to solder the power wires and have COMAND and other control modules coded to make it work properly. We install quite a lot of these - it doesn't matter if the car has CDC or not before in terms of whether it can work or not.

Cheers

Richard
Thanks.

So the requirements are;

1. A power supply
2. Coding

As far as I understand coding for the cluster is same as for the Comand so it is the case of enabling/disabling a specific feature such as fibre optic or CDC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom