Dent repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fyonn

Car
BMW 330d
Hiya folks,

are there any recommendations on dent repair people? There's a dent I've had on the bonnet of my R170 SLK for a while now and I really ought to do something about it. annoyingly it's on a slight swage line and thus the BMW bodyshop (that everyone uses) in manchester won't even try to repair it, they suggest a new bonnet whcih seems somewhat extreme.

So I'm thinking of using Dent Master, or Dent Wizard or someone like that and I was hoping someone might have a recommendation for me? I live in Manchester and work in Warrington, so aomeone around those two locations would be good. anyone know what kinda money we're talking here?

I'm not expecting miracles and I know that when someone knows where to look, it probably won't be invisible, but I'd like to get something done. Also It would be ncie if they could touch up the stone chips too :)

cheers all

dave

I've had a happy experience with DentMaster, but quality does vary from place to place because these are franchise operations. In my case, costs have been between £50 and £200, which is more or less the price slot for these people. They won't/shouldn't take on work that a bodyshop can do more cost-effectively; the place I used refused a job because they had no confidence that their techniques would work.

Do go by personal recommendation. Also, ask some local car dealers who they use -- they all do it because of the dings they have to fix on used cars and also on their own new stock.

Do go by personal recommendation. Also, ask some local car dealers who they use -- they all do it because of the dings they have to fix on used cars and also on their own new stock.

hmm.. that's not a bad idea.

I take it I'm better off getting it fixed first and then sell the car (if I decide to sell it), than to sell it as is?

thanks

dave

Hiya folks,
.... annoyingly it's on a slight swage line and thus the BMW bodyshop (that everyone uses) in manchester won't even try to repair it

dave
Without seeing it, it probably DOES need a new panel to repair properly. The problem is if you cannot get to the back of the dent it will be difficult to repair.
Of course any dent can be repaired but if it's a time consuming job it could prove cheaper to replace the panel (secondhand maybe??)
All depends on how good you want it to look really.

Without seeing it, it probably DOES need a new panel to repair properly. The problem is if you cannot get to the back of the dent it will be difficult to repair.
Of course any dent can be repaired but if it's a time consuming job it could prove cheaper to replace the panel (secondhand maybe??)
All depends on how good you want it to look really.

well, I'm not expecting perfection, so I'd be looking for it to be "good enough" if you will. I'd want it to be a good enough repair that on first glance there is no problem. perhaps if you knew where to look you could see it, but without guidance it should not be obvious.

does that make sense?

dave

I have an unusual dent repair question.

A close frind just bought one of the large american sized all singing and dancing fridges for their newly modelled kitchen.

Somebody managed to ding the front of the fridge right in the middle of the door before the kitchen was even finished. The door is made of brushed Stainless and I'm guessing that if the door liner was removed the ding could be improved to near perfect.

Would a dentmaster type person even entertain the idea of repairing a fridge?

How do you get the glue off without damaging the paint.?

It does not stick to the paint but it must only be used on the original paint not resprayed don't ask me how you are supposed to know, I got mine for my daughters Nissan Almera because she had a few trolley dings in and it made quite a good job but the dent had to be done more than once sometimes.

In all fairness I don't think I would like to try it on a very expensive car but of course I am a coward.

But because the fridge is not painted I would thought it would be ideal.

Hiya folks,

are there any recommendations on dent repair people? There's a dent I've had on the bonnet of my R170 SLK for a while now and I really ought to do something about it. annoyingly it's on a slight swage line and thus the BMW bodyshop (that everyone uses) in manchester won't even try to repair it, they suggest a new bonnet whcih seems somewhat extreme.

So I'm thinking of using Dent Master, or Dent Wizard or someone like that and I was hoping someone might have a recommendation for me? I live in Manchester and work in Warrington, so aomeone around those two locations would be good. anyone know what kinda money we're talking here?

I'm not expecting miracles and I know that when someone knows where to look, it probably won't be invisible, but I'd like to get something done. Also It would be ncie if they could touch up the stone chips too :)

cheers all

dave

Halfords and you can also buy a kit if you are good at DIY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom