Dental fees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carrotchomper

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E350 CDI coupe
I'm a little short of money this month- Despite working stupid hours, unfortunately overtime takes a while to come through. However, I feel that the time has come for the yearly dentist check-up- And a polish wouldn't go amiss too.

Having just phoned my dentist to book, I enquired about the price for a check-up and short hygienist appointment.

£75! :crazy:

Including a £2.50 NHS "Compliance fee" (Smells like stealth tax!)

Is this me having forgotten how much it was last time, or am I being done over? For reference, it's a private dentist- Not Harley Street, but the practice seems tidy enough!

Knock them out and paint your gums white!

that way you can use tippex instead of toothpaste too!

Is this me having forgotten how much it was last time, or am I being done over? For reference, it's a private dentist- Not Harley Street, but the

It is a private practice. You could always register with an NHS one to see if it was cheaper.

I would like to have a full set of implants but I shudder to think of the cost. Unfortunately I inherited poor teeth from my Mothers side of the family and no matter how much dental work I have, its simply a matter of time before it will have to be done. I have tried wearing partial dentures but its the most uncomfortable and horrible things. I dont know how anyone can come to terms with them.:(

It is a private practice. You could always register with an NHS one to see if it was cheaper.

I did register with an NHS one about 2 years ago, before I decided to get my teeth sorted out. The check-up's much cheaper, but I was decidedly unimpressed with the whole experience- The "surgery" was basically a half-carpeted room in a Georgian house, the dental nurse was chewing gum throughout and the check-up was exceedingly brief.

He immediately recommended 2 fillings, I went to the private place to get a second opinion and immediately saved one of the fillings!

I suppose you do "get what you pay for", was just wondering what other forum members paid for private treatment- And whether anyone has good experiences/otherwise of Denplan.

cost me £55 for a checkup and a scrape and polish a few weeks ago

Denplan is OK but monthly cost depends on the state of your teeth.

Last edited:
I had an abcess a wee while back, so I'm going every three months at the mo, for the Water pick Torture.

That's costing me about £29 a time. Standard check-up is around £14 for me.

Now I don't have a problem with the dentist at all, but that water pick hurts like billy-o!

PJ

I went to the dentist last year, the first time in 16 years :eek: (my other half has a friend who works on reception, I assume that helped us get on the NHS books) and all I needed was a descale :p

I had a check up last week which cost £61. I have more work to be done (a couple of fillings including root canal treatment for an abcess) in two weeks time. Estimated cost over £550. Unbelievably expensive!

I had two white fillings and a clean for a total £57 on Friday. Thought it seemed reasonable.

You're the expert
The definition of expert.

Ex, a thing of the past
Spurt, a drip under pressure. :devil::devil::D:D

And thank you for reminding me, I need to arrange an overdraft to see my dentist in the not too distant future :crazy:

I would like to have a full set of implants but I shudder to think of the cost. Unfortunately I inherited poor teeth from my Mothers side of the family and no matter how much dental work I have, its simply a matter of time before it will have to be done. I have tried wearing partial dentures but its the most uncomfortable and horrible things. I dont know how anyone can come to terms with them.:(

My situation entirely. What would a full set cost? Do you know?
Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom