Dentist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
I have a fear of going to the dentist which I think goes back to when I was young and seemed to have a filling every time I visited the dentist.

He never gave me an anaesthetic!!

Fast forward 40 odd years and my teeth aren’t very good coupled with a mental toothache for about a fortnight. I never knew until yesterday I could be treated on the NHS so today I found a new surgery in Golders Green so next Tuesday is the big day. 👍👍

Hope they get to the root of the problem :rolleyes:

K

I can put up with most things, but I too have a fear of dentists going back to being knocked out with gas for extractions and fillings without anaesthetic as a schoolkid.
Explain your fears to the dentist. They have seen it all before and the treatment now is a million miles away from 40 yrs ago.
You can even be sedated for extractions if the fear is that bad.

Hi , locals don't work on me so I have no choice but to grin and bear it.

I had an extraction a few years ago and I was given the date rape drug and did not feel anything at all.

You‘ll find a massive change in treatment now. They even numb your gum with paste so you can’t even feel the needle going in.
Nobody likes going to the dentist but you’re doing the right thing and you’ll be fine

I shared your fear, stemming from old school gauze mask and chloroform. Put off going for 30 years until pain persuaded me to make an appointment.
What a revelation, very sympathetic and when she heard of my phobia she prescribed Temazepam which worked a treat.
Modern dentistry is far removed from the 1950s maulers.

I watched a short creepy film about a dentist that couldn't fulfil the appointments for that day.

It was called Tales of the Unextracted.

I went to the dentisit this morning and he said my teeth are fine, but all of my gums have got to come out.

Mrs Swotty and I have discussed this part of our childhoods.

Hands up all those who were put out with laughing gas for extractions ... and to this day cannot stand the smell of rubber, which reminds us of that mask going over your face and being told to count backwards from 10. I can smell it as I type.

The dentist we used was an old duffer called Mr Munroe-Wood.

His wife was wife no.2, much younger than him and they had 2 of the worlds most unruly daughters (they had good teeth though). Their waiting room and the surgery were throwbacks from the 1950’s and actually did resemble something from a torture chamber/marathon man type thing.

Wife no.2 had the biggest ………

Last edited:
Wife no.2 had the biggest ………
Double decker pecker wreckers or zoobies?;):D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom