Dents in a car park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sadly this is where the problem is. Supermarkets attract the dregs of society and I utter hate the places. If it’s not trolleys it’s morons hitting your car and driving off or swinging their doors into your car.

As you say OP, even if you park right out of the way some Love Island watching moron will park two inches away despite having numerous other spaces to park in.

Home deliveries are the future mate and sorry to hear about the damage to your car. Invest in a dash cam too. :)

aaaaaand breather

I very much doubt she would comply with giving her details, her attitude was terrible she seemed not to care less.
Quite .

However , failing to supply your details to any person reasonably requiring them following an incident is a specific offence , and having taken her registration number she could be charged with that over and above any other charges.

People tend to take less care getting out of there car in a car park if they have bigger space between them especially when children are getting out of the car as they just boot or throw the door open ,as mad as it sounds you need a tight enough gap so the car door mechanism can’t can’t fully work as this opens the door quicker and springs open on its own and causes more damage to the car next to it than having to squeeze out and your door just touching the car next to it ,I park out the way of anyone when I go to a car park on the odd occasion I use them but you still get someone right next to you and always hold the door open when my kids get out of it ,this would be my advice to people parking as this comes from personal experience

The police really don't want to get involved unless you have irrefutable proof of the other person who damaged your vehicle. My daughter was parked in the care home car park where my mum is, with an empty space next to her. When she went back to her car, it was scraped all along the passenger side, and the car next to it was scraped on it's bumper with my daughter's car's paint colour at exactly the same height as the damage. We managed to get hold of the old man whose car it was, he totally denied it but said 'I admit the space was tight and I did go very close to the car but I didn't hit it' . He also had the nerve to say 'I noticed that your car already had that scratch on it'!!! When I asked him to explain how his own car had the damage and the paint on his bumper was exactly the same as on my daughter's car, he replied 'oh that's been there ages'.

My daughter did inform her insurers and also the police but she just got a crime ref number, they weren't interested in investigating. The insurers could have taken it further to but tbh without any witnesses or cctv evidence it would have been a 'her word against his' situation and she may have been at risk of losing her no claims if they couldn't prove he was at fault.

We went to reception to ask if there was any cctv which they had, but it didn't look in that direction :rolleyes:. Luckily with a lot of elbow grease we managed to get the worst of the scratches off - thankfully it hadn't dented as well. Unlike mine :mad:

Honestly, after finding out there is no cctv in sight I would just reach in the boot for the toweye hook and smash the rear window. It’s not covered by the insurance and there is nobody to say who did what, it was like that when you first saw it after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom