Depreciation £43 per mile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car... & W202 C200
Fantastic machine though and not exactly cheap now.

Is it a V8 or V12, I'm confused

And 230mph, but electronically limited to 217!

Lovely. Really lovely. I’d have the spoiler removed though.

Front bumper & rear spoiler look like something out of the Kahn parts catalogue. I'm out

Horrid with lovely max power glued on chav trinklets.

Would get it de-badged but other than that I absolutely love it.

Horrible tasteless looking thing , the W219 Rocket was far nicer looking and still got the 200 mph job done.

K

Lovely. Really lovely. I’d have the spoiler removed though.
Me too.....its just different and collectable. If you intended to use it as designed I would think that removing the spoiler would be a short lived and painful experience. You are going to need every pound of downforce you can get at 230mph.....especially on a car that looks so aerofoil shaped in profile!!

Me too.....its just different and collectable. If you intended to use it as designed I would think that removing the spoiler would be a short lived and painful experience. You are going to need every pound of downforce you can get at 230mph.....especially on a car that looks so aerofoil shaped in profile!!
I doubt the rear spoiler creates any downforce, maybe it reduces lift, but either way I definitely wouldn’t be using it at speeds at which removing the spoiler would be an issue!

Interestingly the original Rocket was similarly capable in terms of top speed but had no rear spoiler. Such a shame the only UK car had such a colourful past.

Creating downforce and reducing lift is surely one and the same thing. They reduce lift by creating downforce to equal it out.
If I owned have to take it to the Autobahns at least once.....just to "see what it'll do mister"! Most well designed spoilers have a measurable effect at 60 plus.

Last edited:
Creating downforce and reducing lift is surely one and the same thing.
Downforce pushes the car “down” into the ground, reducing lift means that the car doesn’t push “up” into the air quite so much. Said another way, in order to creat downforce the effect of lift must be completely overcome and then some.

Surprising just how business-like Brabus interiors were just 10 years ago, even on top-end models like the Rocket. If I bought it then I would take it back to Bottrop for an orange nappa retrim and have that boot spoiler removed!

I love the way the ad states "53,076 miles below average". Have they checked the mileage on the other seven, do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom