Depressed. She has to go!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kbhogalW126

Car
'98 W140 S320
ive got a dilemma.

I either spend loads of money on her to get her repainted (£1600) or use her for 6 months then see from there.

She is mechanically perfect. She is a joy to drive and so relaxing.
Has a bit of rust on the front RHS wing (£150 to replace painted).

I have been advised that its better to sell her toi someone who can give her the time and love needed to get her back upto scratch.

So my question is. Does anyone want her?

she is loaded with a cat 1 Thatcham Alarm (Toad Ai606), 6cd Pioneer head unit a changer, tinted windows.

She has rust in various areas (none too bad i am assured by the paintshop).

YOu dont really need to anything to her apart from paint so if anyone has access to a paintshop then this could be the bargain of the century!

i will put up photos (if this is allowed) so you can see her.

I'd rather sell her through here than to someone on ebay.

Any reasonable offer accepted!

KJ :(

I think you have to ask, what else are you going to buy for £1600 that will match the quality and spec of the S class? Unless it's another one.

I don't know your history with the car but I'd be tempted to spend the money and carry on enjoying it.

That's my 2 'peneth worth.

that's a good question.

my dad has just bought a w140 s320 and it seems quite nice but . . . .
its not got the class of the w126.

i'm thinking of a w126 sec coupe. or a w140 coupe - if i can get one in better condition.

i was bitten with a volvo someyears back and because of sentimental attachments kept pumping money into it until it was too late - £4000.

she was scrapped in the end.

S320's are not bad, there's are a lot of dogs out there mind, I saw a few before deciding on a 500.

I couldn't believe that dealers were selling such crud as "rare luxury spotless mint bla bla bla" when they were the exact opposite. One S320 I saw wouldn't actually drive, the MAF sensor and throttle body was shot, another looked like the previous owner had kept pigs in it. Shocking. :eek:

The W140 is a fine car, with old style MB build quality, but bits are expensive and there are lots of electrics to go wrong. The W126 is more mechanical so less to go wrong. It's old school mechanical integrity versus modern electronics I'm afraid.

The old rule applies even more so with these cars, buy the best you can with all the toys, and make sure everything works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom