Depressed!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rees_A

Banned
Car
CLK55 AMG
Just thought I'd share this with you guys/gurls....I bought a 36inch widescreen tv 2 years ago, 1 year warranty. Was wathing recorded master football last night and tele went pop!!!!. It's busted!!!!!!.. Got no tv and the kids have just started their 6 week hols!!!!...... GRRRRRRR

Why not cope with it the old fashioned way and chuck the kids out into the garden / park / field / street? ;)

In all seriousness, living without a TV for a few weeks is a pretty enlightening process. You soon discover so much extra time you thought you never had and you're forced to engage in conversations and activities at home. :)

Go and make a fuss at the shop where you bought it. A 1-year warranty is meaningless unless it's for an item that's only expected to last for 1 year, a [probably fairly expensive] tv should last longer than 2 years, I think 7 years is what the industry suggests as normal. Manufacturing defect, manufacturer's problem! TAKE IT BACK AND COMPLAIN!

Yes, talk to your local Trading Standards people.
The 1 year guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights – you statutory rights are that the unit should be of satisfactory quality and part of that is that it should be durable – ie last a reasonable length of time (usually considered to be 5 yrs). I’ve had stuff repaired at 2-3 yrs old. It takes a bit of pushing – but you’ve got nothing to lose. Responsibility rests with the retailer, don’t let them fob you off by saying they need to talk to the manufacturer.
See: http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/your-rights/fs_c04.shtml#5

(I've never understood why the same rules don't seem to apply to cars!)

Thanks for the advice, I'll get on to the supplier to see what they will do...

Shame.

If you are unlucky enough to have to buy a new one I recommend John Lewis. You get a free 5 year warranty from them.

Simon said:
Shame.

If you are unlucky enough to have to buy a new one I recommend John Lewis. You get a free 5 year warranty from them.

We got a free 5 year warranty on our TV last year - from Alders!!! I wonder who we take it to when it breaks down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom