Designed this website for a friend.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure whether you're advertising his business or yours, but you're going to get banned if you're not careful.

As above, why are we checking it out? Be better if you'd put some more chat there.

Anyway, couple of typos on the front page ....

Low overheads allows us to offer you the best deals

m.

My apologies!

Like I said just wanted peoples thoughts on it.

No worries then but in addition to the one highlighted already:

Conveniently located 1/4 mile from junction 36 of the A1 in Warmsworth, Doncaste

Also, it is "Why buy from us" when it talks about buying from and selling to so perhaps best to say "Reasons to deal with us/do business?"

m.

It's rubbish - no MBs for sale!

Seriously, it's not bad as a design. It's easy to navigate and contact details are always easy to find. Personally I prefer car details to come up in full on a seperate page so that I don't have to scroll through to read them. (See this example from a great site - Mercedes SLK Class SLK 200K Sport Tiptronic Auto for Sale at Lodge Motor Company, Yateley, Hampshire)

And you must tell your friend to NEVER use all caps in his descriptions. Makes it look like he's shouting at us and it's difficult to read. Smacks of bombsite car dealer.

The text on the homepage is a little too small for my eyes.

The thumbnail photos on the main 'cars for sale' took slightly longer that normal to load.

recommended - is spelt this way.

But overall, a nice clear style.

Fixed width - no use for window sizes under 1024px wide. Fluid / responsive designs are better.

Good clear design and to me does exactly what it says on the tin :thumb: My only comment would be stick to the " Why buy from us" text. Car sales are a buyer/seller relationship some people think sales and salesman are dirty words they are not. Keep the text simple it attracts more punters. Fixed width is an issue to some but personally I don,t see it as a problem. I think it's a good site and as the business is actually close to me it is much better than most of the the competitions which I keep an eye on.

Picked a random example...

AS ALREADY STATED THIS V70 R DESIGN SPORT PREMIUM IS FANTASTIC AN DRIVES AS NEW VIEWING IS HIGHLY RECOMENED.CARD PAYMENTS ACCEPTED.

AND drives like new, it should read. All caps is rather annoying and is actually quite agressive. Spaces after full stops make the description easier to read. Design-wise it's good, just tell your friend to actually proof-read what he types!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom