• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

DESIGNO E55AMG W211 Wanted

This is the one! I think if the colour was a bit lighter, it would have looked better
Designo colours are so subjective to light etc, I would never trust a photograph. Below are two colours, chromaflair on a now written off SL65 (my picture, but not my car, written off partly due to the cost of the paintwork after an accident whilst at the hands of the main dealer), and mystic blue on my own R230 SL500 (middle two pics). None of the pictures do the colours justice, but show how much the colours can vary

2012-05-25_16-31-43_928.jpgMystic1.jpgMystic2.jpg6.jpg

Designo colours are so subjective to light etc, I would never trust a photograph. Below are two colours, chromaflair on a now written off SL65 (my picture, but not my car, written off partly due to the cost of the paintwork after an accident whilst at the hands of the main dealer), and mystic blue on my own R230 SL500 (middle two pics). None of the pictures do the colours justice, but show how much the colours can vary

View attachment 150230View attachment 150231View attachment 150232View attachment 150229
Love that mystic blue on your SL :cool:

Reactions: MD5
Looks okay but seems expensive for a saloon with that mileage? :)

That's what they go for these days, about that. Brought my S211 a few years back, with knowledge of some top end work. 🙂👍

I think thats on the upper end....this one is more realistic....similar miles but slightly older.

That's what they go for these days, about that. Brought my S211 a few years back, with knowledge of some top end work. 🙂👍
It just seems a bit expensive to me for a 15 year old example with nearly 100k miles.

I bought my 2011 212 E63 6.2 estate with really good spec (designo paint, rear entertainment, luxury package + lots more) with just 11k miles from new and full MB history - in 2018 with a warranty, just serviced etc for £25.5k.

It was also a later M156 with the revised head bolts etc.

I see this as more a £12-14k sort of car but then maybe I’m a little out of touch with the prices :)

And I have to be honest, as much as I love the sound of the M156 I’d take an E55K in a 211 I think - just prefer the lazy torque and 5-speed box in the 211 chassis, the 212 is a bit more agile and suits the enthusiastic nature of the 156 a little better IMHO but this is subjective of course :cool:

Have to be quick, before it goes. 👍

This looks lovely and I was just about to say it's got the wrong wheels but once I read the advert and looked at all the pic's I saw the original wheels are included :)

View attachment 150230View attachment 150231View attachment 150232View attachment 150229

I love both this colours! Your SL looks stunning in mystic blue 😍
Even my S63 that is Designo graphite grey, in certain lights it just looks like a normal grey but when the sun hits the paint, it looks so much different

IMG_2425.jpegIMG_2224.jpegIMG_2225.jpegIMG_2302.jpegIMG_2425.jpegIMG_2224.jpegIMG_2225.jpegIMG_2302.jpegI love both this colours! Your SL looks stunning in mystic blue 😍
Even my S63 that is Designo graphite grey, in certain lights it just looks like a normal grey but when the sun hits the paint, it looks so much different
Love the designo paint options. Many lovely colours/finishes and just that bit more unique/different :thumb:

Mine was platinum black, which looked mostly black until the sun caught it and it had a real sparkle to it and some colourful undertones :cool:

I spent a lot of time trying to find a blue, any blue E55, S211 but never did or have.
Eventually went for a black one

that turns green in the sun.

I love this colour!

Years ago a customer of mine used to have an E class W211 and it was the same colour as your car. I would always stare at it when the sun would hit the paint. It looks like one of those designo colours that people paid extra

The estate still looks cool but the space would be wasted for me as I only have my wife as a passenger, we don’t have kids to use all that space :D
I would love to buy a saloon

I was watching this video again and out of all the cars I’ve missed out on ( some being Audi R8 with 17k on the clock, a couple of AMG’s and some M3’s ), this is the one I regret the most for not buying :(

Just look at this colour combo!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom