Designo Mystic Red

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
What lovely colour this is.

Today we went to MB Brooklands and had a mooch around MB World. It was father in laws 65th Birthday today and he has various policies maturing which means he's treating himself to a new car.

He'd made his mind up he wanted a C class, but as he's after an entry level model C220cdi SE (non petrol head) I suggested he take a look at the E class. There really isn't a great deal in it pricewise at this end of the price list.

Well, 5 minutes after he sat in the E200cdi in MB World he was sold on it. So that was worthwhile, he's delighted and now working out where he can get the best deal on new or very nearly new.

I digress.

In the middle of the E class display was an E500 Cabriolet in Designo Mystic Red. What a lovely colour, but £2,200 option and probably 6 months wait on the car!

Please Mercedes give us more of these lovely rich colours rather than a vast sea of monchrome with a token Red and Blue tagged on the options list.

You use to do lovely colours like Bornite and Almandine Black, some of us still see in full colour, we're not all living in a black and white world!

I also saw the Red E36 mentioned elsewhere on the forum, it's nice but not concours showroom nice.

Lots of scuffs/scabs on the back of the hard top - which didn't quite seem to be the same colour.

Parrot bluetooth system fitted.

Mushroom leather interior grubby, overall the whole car need a good detail.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car, but when compared to the 280SL Pagoda in there - it wasn't presented as well as it could have been.

Last edited:
i really think mercedes are missing a trick here with not offering the designio paints for a more reasonable price i really want to order a c63 saloon in designio maritius blue but i think they want nearly £3000 for it if it was a £1000-£1500 even though still expensive would still be acceptable.
the crazy thing is that they dont really show them in any brochures yet they offer that nasty cuprite brown as a standard colour option.
just imagine on a c63 brochure a page with optional colours like maritius blue, burnt orange that they had on the show car for 1 of the car shows, even that mad green they have on some of those lambos and porsches.
vw do a similar colour on the scirocco that mettalic blue,
bmw do it on there range with the estril blue or the monti carlo blue,
audi do it with sepang blue and sprint blue,
even vauxhall do that blue on there vxr.

Yup, seriously missing a trick here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom