Designo R129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love it or loathe it, what was nice back then was you could order a bright a yellow SL if you wanted and were willing to pay for it.

Fast forward 20 years and Mercedes offer you 6 shades of monochrome and a token red and blue available for your £70K to £170K on an SL.

Want Designo paint? Sure there are some more shades of grey and some matt greys and an off black. ugh.

I quite like that as an exterior colour, but I hate the interior!

Love everything about it, just a shame it Isn't a V8.

Wow that's bright

Shame it doesn't come with matching sunglasses :cool:

Red C220 said:
Love it or loathe it, what was nice back then was you could order a bright a yellow SL if you wanted and were willing to pay for it. Fast forward 20 years and Mercedes offer you 6 shades of monochrome and a token red and blue available for your £70K to £170K on an SL. Want Designo paint? Sure there are some more shades of grey and some matt greys and an off black. ugh.

Agreed, drives me mad all of these bland colours. I personally think BMW offer a nice range of colours in their m sport cars.

I can't help but like it.

I don't normally like yellow as a colour and certainly not on a car, but there's just something wonderfully garish about it :bannana:

Love it

I like it, shame about not being a 500 or 60.

I do sometimes wonder why people spend this much on customising and then go with the lower spec engine its not like they were short of cash

Would they have known that at the time of ordering?
Not sure there were several runout specials around that time . There were other changes to the electronics , dash instruments and trim at the same time as the engine change. IRRC

Never mind the SL, I want his speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom