Desparate shortage of info.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

catgate

Car
A150 Auto 2008
Desperate shortage of info.

Hello, all. Yes, this is my first plea for help here, although guydewney helped me elsewhere.
My problem is that I am desperately short if info. I recently aquired an Aug. '97 C250TD auto. estate, but it had no owners handbook/manual, and as a consequense I am struggling in areas which are different to my previous C220D (N reg). My local MB dealer in York could only obtain the "Driving" section of the owners whatsit from Milton K. and said the other sections would not be available until Hell froze over! So I am looking for a 'net source from which I can download information.
Current big problem is the alarm system. It will behave itself impeccably for several days, then, usually between 01.30 and 03.00 am it lets rip. It is just like having an infant with wind. You never know if it has finished and so you just lie there waiting!!
Mr Hayne's book of arrant nonsense and mischief is about as much use as a New Labour PM.
Can any one please point me in the right direction?

P.s. Is it conceivable that that a cat could affect the alarm in some way? If so is there anyway of reducing the sensitivity of the system?

Last edited:
Do you have break-glass sensors on the rear windows, by any chance?

Hello Satch,
Such is my ignorance of the beast, mainly due to absence of Drivers whatsit, that I do not know. (just a minute.. I will go and see if I can see anything that might conceivably fit that description).... Right I'm back. There are some (3) vertical orange/brown elements laminated into the rear window, (I thought they were something to do with the rear screen demisting operation) and also in the rear near side quarter light only there are two more (but angled roughly in line with the slope of the rear tailgate). Could these be the little beggars to which you refer? If not what the devil are they.
It's not true...ignorance is not bliss!!

If your alarm keeps going off in the night, try shutting all the air vents tight shut. Dont ask me why but MB suggested this to me on my last car and it worked!!

R2D2 said:
If your alarm keeps going off in the night, try shutting all the air vents tight shut. Dont ask me why but MB suggested this to me on my last car and it worked!!

that would be to stop the wind activating the ultrasonic sensors -

I always used to know when it was time to put the hard top on my previous SL - when the weather started to get really wet & windy the alarm was always going off - but only at night ? :confused:

Satch Do you have break-glass sensors on the rear windows, by any chance?

catgate
Hello Satch,
Such is my ignorance of the beast, mainly due to absence of Drivers whatsit, that I do not know. (just a minute.. I will go and see if I can see anything that might conceivably fit that description).... Right I'm back. There are some (2) vertical orange/brown elements laminated into the rear window, (I thought they were something to do with the rear screen demisting operation) and also in the rear near side quarter light only there are two more (but angled roughly in line with the slope of the rear tailgate). Could these be the little beggars to which you refer? If not what the devil are they.

This bit still puzzles me. Are these things heater elements or sensors or what? And why are there none in the off side rear quarterlight? Surely if a replacement glass had been fitted it too would have the?

Last edited:
catgate said:
Hello Satch,
...There are some (3) vertical orange/brown elements laminated into the rear window, (I thought they were something to do with the rear screen demisting operation) and also in the rear near side quarter light only there are two more (but angled roughly in line with the slope of the rear tailgate). Could these be the little beggars to which you refer? If not what the devil are they.

Hi Catgate.

They are the radio ariels, one is FM one is AM but I can't remember which is which.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom