Desperate For Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CRANIEL

Hello everyone
Thank you for having this forum.
I have a couple of issues on my s320 1995.
The first one is the passenger side climate control bulb is out and the controller along with the air vent knob are not lighting.
How do I change the bulb?

When I back up the rear corner indicators do not come up and the trunk acts funny when I close it, it does not close all the way. Is this a vaccum pump? or something else??

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.
I bought this car on Friday from Ebay and I have no real clue about how to do things on it, my last car was a 1982 300sd and I had the manuals for that one and used it like a bible. I am stuck on this one.

Thanks again

Craniel :confused:

theres a vacuum pump (actually positive pressure, but hey) in the boot. in what way does it act funny?

iirc there was a change in 1995/6 where tey swapped round the system so that it closed, then pulled the handle in - as opposed to pulling the handle in, then closing.

check the pipes. also go onto the yank forums (benzworld.com iirc) (do a search for w140 forum) - there has been much discussion about the vacuum pumps.

much the same response about the markers - check they arnt siezed - try pulling the fuse for the pump - does it work for a few times? if so - theres a leak somewhere and its shutting that circuit down. if not - theres a baaaad leak or a broken wire / sensor etc.

The Handle Does Pull In

Yes, the handle does pull in fine with out a hesitation. The Handle is vaccum? If so then there is a different issue then with the reverse indicators? How should I check those?

Hey thank you again for your fast reply, I owe you a yank beer.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom