Detachable exhaust tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doc matt

Car
Cls63amg. Turbo d.pipes, decat, Quaife.
Hi does anyone know if the square AmG exhaust outlet tips are welded to the exhaust pipe behind or bolted on like the range rovers are?

Car is a 2012 CLS63 Amg

Ta :cool:

I understood the newer AMG's have the exhaust tips built into the rear valance/diffuser.

Don't know if a 2012 CLS63 falls into that category though.

Mine (W212) has "falsies" which are bolted to the underside of the car yet don't connect with either the system or the diffuser. I think this may also be the case on the CLS though can't remember at the moment but have messaged a mate who owns one so will update unless someone else (Jules?) replies.

Just been confirmed by a mate that they do have false tips, though his is a 2013 if it makes a difference...

Looking at it, if its got the square shaped ones there fake. If its the old style big oval ones in the corner there not.

The big oval ones are detachable. There's Allen or Torx bolt that you can remove to slide the tips off. It also gives you more than an inch of adjustment on them.

Matt, as Dave has said they are removable and replaceable. You can buy them from MB and on EBay.

Jules

Having just bought a set of ML63 ones s part of a project, be prepared for a shock! The ones I bought bolted onto the body underneath, not connected to the actual exhaust system and retail around £800 from MB for OE AMG ones, yes thats right £800!!

£250-£300 on EBay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom