Detachable towing hook (W164)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
full

Jeez BD, how big is that! It makes your ML look like a toy car and that takes some doing :cool:

What sort of mpg is doing when it's towing? Can't be a lot.
It’s probably an optical illusion, it’s a standard size 8m twin-axle caravan. When towing it’s probably 13-15 MPG if making sure you’re not holding anyone up ;) but she’s retired from towing duties these days, her younger sister has taken over:

full

full

Another update and not a good one at that.

Bit the bullet and ordered the one mentioned previously. It doesn't fit as mine is the Oris version. Spoke to Mercedes and they wanted £542 or something daft just for the detachable swan neck on it's own ....

Tow bar sorted out. Any recommendations for a pair of vibrating free towing mirrors?

Just searching posts for towing mirrors
Did you find any mirrors ?

Just searching posts for towing mirrors
Did you find any mirrors ?

Yes, when I bought a caravan the seller gave me his ones. Milenco aeros. Easy to put on and take off with hardly any vibration and very simple to adjust.

That is good a have a pair of them already I had on my pathfinder but they were very wobbly and hardly worth using .
Hopefully they are going to be ok on the W164

Yes, when I bought a caravan the seller gave me his ones. Milenco aeros. Easy to put on and take off with hardly any vibration and very simple to adjust.
I use Milenco Aeros too. Both vibrate very little. Mirrors with magnification appear to vibrate more but it’s a result of the magnification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom