Detailed the inside of my W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How do you clean and treat the leather? There seem to be a billion theories on what's best but the products are different depending on Nappa, Aniline, Semi Aniline, Plastic costed (i.e. most modern leathers), etc etc. Personally I just clean it with a microfibre and warm water with a tiny bit of soap but I don't put anything on it - I don;t even know what type it is in my car (CLS55 2005)

Your doing the right thing with simple, a microfiber towel, slightly damp cloth with your gentle soap. Leather seats are sealed so pointless added rejuvenating oils, which would otherwise sit on top.

I wipe using Turtle Wax luxe leather cleaner and conditioner. It's gives a matt uniform finish, without patchy areas. Its receives good reviews and reasonable priced too. Use slightly less around perforated area, work and buff off quickly. 😉👍

What product do you use for the door cards and dashboard?

Autoglym trim gel.

After thorough vacuum to inside, apply Autoglym trim gel with applicator sponge and wipe off with microfiber towel. The application lasts a long time too which is good 👍

Bloody awesome thread, I miss my w211 it was an awesome car. And the attention to detail is just up my street.

Bloody awesome thread, I miss my w211 it was an awesome car. And the attention to detail is just up my street.

It's a wonderful platform and the ride quality is something else. For its age it came with a distronic sensor, heated and cooled seats at the front and heated seats to the rear. Very comfortable on long journeys 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom