Detailing Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisk2010

MB Enthusiast
Car
C230 w203
So i had a very rare weekend where i was not working, did i take the kids out ? NO ! I loaded up the car with my detailing bucket of goodies drove to work and started detailing my poor neglicted car :D

I was eager to try out the Argos DA i brought a month ago to remove light swirls so i picked up a medium pad from Halfords and a bottle of megs ultimate compound.

The car hadn't been cleaned for a couple of weeks so i kicked off with getting started on the wheels with some iron out.

IMG_0055.JPG IMG_0056.jpg IMG_0057.jpg

Once pressure washed off after allowing to do it's job I moved on to AF snow foaming the car .... twice, i done this one because i was going for cleanliness and two because i wanted to use up the old bottle :rolleyes:.

IMG_0060.jpg IMG_0063.jpg

Throughly pressure washed off i went to my secret product that some may laugh at "fairy liquid!" no just kidding but close. I used this stuff as a prewash on my golf once when i ran out shampoo and to be totally fair it is great ! Ready ?

IMG_0066.jpg IMG_0067.jpg

I don't know how well these pictures come out but it's Arco PH neutral detergent hooked up to the soap feed on my pressure washer. I have come to use this stuff throughout the wash process to keep the car covered in suds until the last pressure wash before drying. In between every step i hose the car over with soap and being PH neutral it leaves no streaks.

IMG_0064.jpg IMG_0074.jpg

It's around 10am now and in the middle of my two bucket wash the missus decided her car needed a good clean too and the boys wanted to earn a bit of pocket money. So i skipped a few pictures of me clay mitting the car but i done my two bucket washed, soaped rinsed the car and pressure washed, then soaped the car again and cleaned the buckets for a two bucket clay mit, soaped rinsed again and pressure washed then treated the car two iron out and tar remover followed by a two bucket wash and you guessed it! soap rinsed and pressure washed ...... i think i got that down in the right order o_O.

Then i had to pull my car forward for drying with two drying towels one for the majority of the water and one to "buff" if you like.

Next was two instructed the boys on what to do with their mums car i started them on the inside because it was bad in there.

IMG_0075.jpg

They're in there somewhere ;)

IMG_0077.jpg IMG_0078.jpg

Now because i had two cars to do i missed all the pictures i wanted to take for this thread but on my car i wiped the whole car over with IPA for a final cleanse and went to work with the DA and megs compound for the entire body work.

Once i had buffed and cleaned up all the residue i then changed to a poilsh pad and used Megs Ultimate Polish doing both panel by panel buffing as i went, once all done cleaned, buffed and wiped i used Poor boys black hole glaze.

While this was curing i hoovered the inside and wiped everything down with Amourall wipes and baby wipes for the leather followed by Megs leather cleaner.

I then buffed off the glaze and used Dodo Juice Black Widow wax, while that was curing i used IPA on all the windows sparying on the cloth and the used a glass cleaner again sparying on the cloth so as not to covered the dash and doors with over spray.

I left it on the cure while i turned my attention to the missus car which got a good clean, with snow foam, two bucket wash, plenty of soap rinse and iron out the wheels and a coat of simoniz hard wax .... the boys loved playing with the snow foam and rinse but didn't like waxing but boys being boys i had to tell them off a few times for fighting and whipping eachother with clothes and when they left my noodle wash mit ON THE GROUND ! :mad: they won't be doing that again.

I then buffed the wax off my car and treated both to some megs Tyre Gel and here is the result of my rich full day.

IMG_0080.jpg IMG_0081.jpg IMG_0085.jpg IMG_0087.jpg IMG_0093.jpg

Now incase you're wondering if the argos DA and Megs compound worked ......
IMG_0083.jpg

It certainly did :) now i purposely didn't order a selection of pads and posh liquids as i really wanted to see is i could acheive a good finish with a cheap DA and compound and polish an i was happy with the results. As expected it did not remove DEEP scratches but i wasn't trying to i have a selection of things ready to order for this but that is for another day.

My boys did work hard and got there pocket money but we took them out for a dinner as a little extra treat to an all you eat place called Spoons. I have been dying to try it as it's like a world buffet where if you like curry, chinese, sushi, chicken and sushi on the same plate it the place for you.

IMG_0094.jpg

And even George ate all the sponge cake he could.

George.jpg

And I have been looking at my black ML and my new clay mitt for 3 months. Now feel shamed , must stop dropping into my local E.European ( Tesco ) car wash, maybe you could send your team over, they must have picked up a few tips from you!

Well done lads, hope you got plenty of pocket money from Dad and Mam, nice work :thumb:

Haha they did do well and they got a £10 each which I thought was fair (my dad used to give me £5 for a weekends waxing) as it would have cost me £20 at the car wash. They did make me laugh when they were hovering the seats in their mums car and then climbing in to get to the other side and realising they had left footprints where had just hovered and had to do it again .... better her car than mine ;)

And I have been looking at my black ML and my new clay mitt for 3 months. Now feel shamed , must stop dropping into my local E.European ( Tesco ) car wash, maybe you could send your team over, they must have picked up a few tips from you!

I would love to send them over but I think I have put them off for a while :p they were knackered after waxing and then having point out all the bits they missed and doing it again o_O they recovered fast though with plenty of food and cake :thumb:

Good, I'm glad they, indeed you all had a great day, hang onto those memories because in the blink of an eye kids are all grown up. Me and 'Wor Lass' miss those days!
Have a lovely week :D

Nice work !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom