Detailing prices?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickA8

Car
E220d AMGline Blutec Coupe
Can anyone give me an idea of what the going rate is from a detailing company? Looking for wax/ seal / polish. But I’ve no idea what’s a reasonable price. It’s on a 65 plate E220 Coupe. Thanks.

Depends on how many stages of polishing, type of sealant etc.

Anywhere from £200-£1000+ :D

Does your car have many swirls? What colour is it?
It’s black & in excellent condition, not many swirls, just a few very light scratches

It depends entirely on the approx hourly rate of the person doing the work, how long they’re going to spend on it and what products they’re going to use.

If the paint is in pretty good condition and/or you’re not looking for absolute perfection a day should cover it. If you’re after a flawless finish then you can increase the cost several times over.

Have you considered trying yourself? You could buy a fair bit of gear for the cost of even a lower end detail and be able to do it again for no cost in future as well as any other cars you might own?

It’s a time consuming process but very rewarding :cool:

The days are long at the moment, you could always do a panel or two at a time :)

It depends entirely on the approx hourly rate of the person doing the work, how long they’re going to spend on it and what products they’re going to use.

If the paint is in pretty good condition and/or you’re not looking for absolute perfection a day should cover it. If you’re after a flawless finish then you can increase the cost several times over.

Have you considered trying yourself? You could buy a fair bit of gear for the cost of even a lower end detail and be able to do it again for no cost in future as well as any other cars you might own?

It’s a time consuming process but very rewarding :cool:

The days are long at the moment, you could always do a panel or two at a time :)
Thanks for The feedback, it’s more of a time thing really, seem to always be working but I might well look into it a bit more & weigh up the pros & cons. Thanks

It would depend on what level of finish you are looking to achieve.
An entry level treatment which would not include any machine polishing would be from £200.
If you are looking to remove some of the swirls and other paint defects you would be looking around the £400-£600 mark which would include a 1 or 2 stage machine polish.
Further, more intense polishing to chase every last defect would be nudging four figures but is not something to consider for a daily driver in my opinion.

cheers,

Chris

It would depend on what level of finish you are looking to achieve.
An entry level treatment which would not include any machine polishing would be from £200.
If you are looking to remove some of the swirls and other paint defects you would be looking around the £400-£600 mark which would include a 1 or 2 stage machine polish.
Further, more intense polishing to chase every last defect would be nudging four figures but is not something to consider for a daily driver in my opinion.

cheers,

Chris
That’s great advice. Thank you very much

If it helps I paid £600 for mine to be fully detailed with gtechniq ceramic coating for paintwork, interior, glass and wheels with 5 year warranty, not sure I would pay 4 figures for the same!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I paid far about 1/2 that to buy a Kestrel DAS6 DA polisher plus pads, paint correction fluids, final polish (3M Perfect-it) and wax, plus clay bar, tar remover and decontaminant - but then spent many hours actually doing the work. OK, I'm retired so have the time, it's wash, rinse, decontaminant, rinse, tar remover, rinse, clay, rinse, paint correct, wash rinse and dry, final polish, wax. Took me best part of 2 weeks doing a couple of hours a day on my 968 coupe, but the end result she looked brand new showroom fresh, which for Guards Red was a result! Gave me a great deal of pleasure admiring the car afterwards - until I sold it!

Would I do it again - no, I physically could not these days, I'd vote with the credit card!!

If it helps I paid £600 for mine to be fully detailed with gtechniq ceramic coating for paintwork, interior, glass and wheels with 5 year warranty, not sure I would pay 4 figures for the same!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
That’s great thanks, it gives me a ball park figure to work on & what you get for your money. Am just to busy to do it myself.

I paid far about 1/2 that to buy a Kestrel DAS6 DA polisher plus pads, paint correction fluids, final polish (3M Perfect-it) and wax, plus clay bar, tar remover and decontaminant - but then spent many hours actually doing the work. OK, I'm retired so have the time, it's wash, rinse, decontaminant, rinse, tar remover, rinse, clay, rinse, paint correct, wash rinse and dry, final polish, wax. Took me best part of 2 weeks doing a couple of hours a day on my 968 coupe, but the end result she looked brand new showroom fresh, which for Guards Red was a result! Gave me a great deal of pleasure admiring the car afterwards - until I sold it!

Would I do it again - no, I physically could not these days, I'd vote with the credit card!!
It sounds like a full time job in itself! Thanks for the reply.

Miglior detailing is located in Accrington. And I think he has courtesy car still.

It would be higher up in the price bracket for the size of car but that’s where we take our cars to be detailed.
He also offers a trailer collection and delivery service now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom