***deteriorating mpg recently***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i see, well logically i did half of 55 liters??

The W124 fuel gauge is notoriously unreliable and you have to include the reserve too - half on the gauge isn't half of the tank capacity including the reserve. Also, I thought the standard fuel tank was 72 litres?

The W124 fuel gauge is notoriously unreliable and you have to include the reserve too - half on the gauge isn't half of the tank capacity including the reserve. Also, I thought the standard fuel tank was 72 litres?

when my nozzle clicks it says 55 lit - depending how much reserve i use..this time i clicked on 57 lit

how much should you expect from reserve as soon as the light comes on?

The reserve is 8 litres. Just because the light comes on though doesn't mean you only have eight. As I say, the gauge just isn't that accurate - my last W124 showed only a 1/4 tank when in fact it was half full.

The only moderately accurate measurement is to fill the tank to the first click, reset the miles and do the same again at the next fill up.

yes.. argreed.

got 300 last time round, going to see where i end up this time..

The reserve is 8 litres. Just because the light comes on though doesn't mean you only have eight. As I say, the gauge just isn't that accurate - my last W124 showed only a 1/4 tank when in fact it was half full.

The only moderately accurate measurement is to fill the tank to the first click, reset the miles and do the same again at the next fill up.

If filling to the first click, make sure you fill up at the same pump in the same filling station every time...after all not all nozzles are the same , nor that precise.

I average about 16 mpg, last 1500 miles.
Doing about 20 mpg last 200 miles in snow.
Prob because of power i tend to go easy on driving at anything more than half power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom