Device in the battery compartment w203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmiaa

Car
Mercedes C220 (w203) Avantgarde
Hello everyone,

i was wondering if someone could help me find out what does the device ( module) that is located in the upper right area of the battery compartment is used for, i found a cable near it that wasn't attached to the connector and before replacing it i was hopping that someone might have an idea on that.

Picture?

Also, is your car RHD model?

hi,

I don't know what RHD stands for :p, but i have a picture of the module location, it's behind the windshield baffle on the right of the cabin air filter.

i have attached the picture it's the red circle.Capture2.JPG

RHD = Right Hand Drive i.e. vehicles for the UK

The module may be the air quality multi-sensor. What type of climate control do you have? Analogue (Thermatic, SA code 580) or digital (Thermatronic, SA code 581)?

wow nice question :D u're a pro im just an amateur ill provide you a picture of the one i have

Capture.3JPG.JPG

oh sorry, it's a LHD :p

This is my car:

Capture4.JPG

That's Thermatronic, so the module could well be the multi-sensor. It detects NOX levels (amongst other things such as moisture) and causes the a/c to switch in the carbon filter.
This prevents exhaust smells getting into the car

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice thank you so much i will plug it in because the connector was unpluged.

Thank you again so much.

by the way i did take the intiative to change my intake maniofold myself, it was hard but i manages at the end to do so, if anyone interested i can provide full steps to easilly replace that part pf the car and also replacing the turbo actuator too i did it myself ;)

Have a look at this website, lots of tech info on the 203

Welcome to the C-Class!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom