Device Unavailable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keithkthkth

Car
W204
Hi my radio has just started displayed device unavailable. Any thoughts on what it could be please 2016 c class. Thanks

2016 C class should be a W205 (your sig says W204). Something on the fibre-optic ring has failed. Can be Tuner, Burmiester amplifier, or even head unit. If you are anywhere near Lightwater in Surrey, (M3 J3) we (Comand Online) can diagnose it for you. Speak to Becky on 01276 464900 !

Worth adding, that if yours is a W204 (i.e earlier) same thing can will occur if any of the DAB Tuner, HK amplifier, TV tuner, Media Interface (if they are fitted) fails.

2016 C class should be a W205 (your sig says W204). Something on the fibre-optic ring has failed. Can be Tuner, Burmiester amplifier, or even head unit. If you are anywhere near Lightwater in Surrey, (M3 J3) we (Comand Online) can diagnose it for you. Speak to Becky on 01276 464900

Having a similar issue with my tv tuner function. All other functions including radio and DAB are all working fine on my C205 command system except only the TV tuner function is coming up as "device unavailable". Grateful for any advice you can provide as to what could be the issue. Cheers.

Philip, send me your VIN and I’ll look at the spec. I haven’t seen a UK 205 with TV ! R

Philip, send me your VIN and I’ll look at the spec. I haven’t seen a UK 205 with TV ! R
Im in Australia so perhaps we have a different spec here. I've spoken to a few technicians here and they advise that the tuner unit, once it fails, can't be repaired. Grateful if you have any insights into whether those units can indeed be diagnosed and repaired.

2016 C class should be a W205 (your sig says W204). Something on the fibre-optic ring has failed. Can be Tuner, Burmiester amplifier, or even head unit. If you are anywhere near Lightwater in Surrey, (M3 J3) we (Comand Online) can diagnose it for you. Speak to Becky on 01276 464900 !

have the same problem too

I have a 2007 CL500.

Took it to my Mecho to have it serviced and to refill the AC (not sure if it's related, just adding for context)
Ever since I picked it up there has been no sound from the Command system.
The radio, the CD, the TV, the Sat Nav all have no sound. All I keep getting is a message for each component saying "Device unavailable."
I tried resetting the command unit by holding down the EJECT button for 10-15 seconds but no joy.
Any ideas....or do I really have to take it to the dealer who will charge £200 just to say good morning to her?

Before taking it to the dealer, try disconnecting the battery (in order to have all devices powerless) for a few minutes and then reconnect.

I had a similar problem with my CL (although it was the previous C215). After each diagnostic session with the Xentry/Star,
there was no audio. had to make this "hard reset" in order to make the system work again. Never got an explanation as to why.

I have no information if things has to be reintialized after loss of power on a C216 but it should be considered.

have the same problem too

I have a 2007 CL500.

Took it to my Mecho to have it serviced and to refill the AC (not sure if it's related, just adding for context)
Ever since I picked it up there has been no sound from the Command system.
The radio, the CD, the TV, the Sat Nav all have no sound. All I keep getting is a message for each component saying "Device unavailable."
I tried resetting the command unit by holding down the EJECT button for 10-15 seconds but no joy.
Any ideas....or do I really have to take it to the dealer who will charge £200 just to say good morning to her?
This is almost certainly the common Tuner/amp failure on these cars. Its located in the boot on the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom