DI resin, where do you buy yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blobsta

Car
S202 C43 Wagon
Hi all,

The weather has taken a turn for the better in Kent this weekend and of course I was out washing my fleet yesterday. Thinking that I will soon need to do a resin change on my filter, I started to look around for a deal as I typically don't have enough left to refill it completely.

I have bought from Daqua in the past who seemed to be the most competitive at the time, so I thought I'd ask if any of you have a better value for money supplier that you know of. Prices at Daqua are due to go up tomorrow (typical!) to £97 for 25l of Tucson MB-115 delivered which is still a massive improvement over the £45 +delivery from RG.

Interested to know your experiences and tips for good sellers.

Cheers
R

I haven;t had to change my tank for a while now but i buy from Ebay, cant remember the sellers name but never had an issue even with resin replacement.

I get mine from RaceGlaze uk.

Hi all,

The weather has taken a turn for the better in Kent this weekend and of course I was out washing my fleet yesterday. Thinking that I will soon need to do a resin change on my filter, I started to look around for a deal as I typically don't have enough left to refill it completely.

I have bought from Daqua in the past who seemed to be the most competitive at the time, so I thought I'd ask if any of you have a better value for money supplier that you know of. Prices at Daqua are due to go up tomorrow (typical!) to £97 for 25l of Tucson MB-115 delivered which is still a massive improvement over the £45 +delivery from RG.

Interested to know your experiences and tips for good sellers.

Cheers
R
Just thought I'd ask, have you checked the PPM levels as you may not need to change the resin yet

Just thought I'd ask, have you checked the PPM levels as you may not need to change the resin yet

This is a good shout, you can get this of amazon to test.

Also its worth a shout when using the DI Water to run the tap at 1/4 speed first for a few seconds to get the air out and then increasing. I think thats right @LeeJV

This is a good shout, you can get this of amazon to test.

Also its worth a shout when using the DI Water to run the tap at 1/4 speed first for a few seconds to get the air out and then increasing. I think thats right @LeeJV
No buddy, depends on the filters the 7ltr one cant be run through a jet wash as it has less resin, its also wider so the water creates a path through the resin, meaning that not all the resin is actually filtering water. So empty it out, or back wash it. Or roll it around.

I have a 14ltr vessel, so it's a lot taller and narrow, this allows all the resin to work. If the vessel isn't used that much in winter or summer, bacteria grows in the vessel, stops the water filtering through the resin. For instance I took a reading through my vessel last week, tap fully open, and got 15ppm, so I drained it out, rolled the vessel around for about 20mins, connected it back up, took another reading with the tap fully open 0PPM.

Also run a new hose from the vessel to myy jet wash on full power, still 0PPM .

If your testing the water in a glass or cup, wipe it round with IPA or Vinegar to remove any water minerals that may be sticking to it, otherwise it can cause a false reading.

Reactions: AMV
Here is how I've done it buddy.

You need a separate clean hose from the vessel to the Jet wash, otherwise you'll get mineral residue in the hose, a mesh water filter on the exit of the vessel or inlet to the JW to prevent particles getting into the pumpm

It also uses less water going through the jet wash compared to a hose.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I haven't checked it yet, I have a tester but I was interested to know where people buy their resin as I will need to do it soon enough.

I haven't checked it yet, I have a tester but I was interested to know where people buy their resin as I will need to do it soon enough.
Must admit am lost what an earth is this resin stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom