DI Water Filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pointless using it with the pressure washer mate as your just wasting it just use it when your all done with an open end hose pipe. They are great especially for black car in the summer when it's hot and your rushing around trying to dry it before you get water marks. I need to purchase a new one as mine has ran out now. I think on average you get about 80 washers generally.

don’t you just replace the resin?

don’t you just replace the resin?
The filtered water rinse is a chance to not have to dry your car. I clean my car and then give it a (filtered water) rinse and then drive it into my garage. No marks.

So do you have to use a race glaze or are there better value di filters out there? I don't mind spending cash but dislike buying something purely for the name when there is a better value product or there, so recommendations please?

So do you have to use a race glaze or are there better value di filters out there? I don't mind spending cash but dislike buying something purely for the name when there is a better value product or there, so recommendations please?

Any DI vessel will do as it’s the resin that does the work. Checkout the various window cleaning supplies sites

The filtered water rinse is a chance to not have to dry your car. I clean my car and then give it a (filtered water) rinse and then drive it into my garage. No marks.

I know. I was referring to DetailerDan saying he has to buy a new vessel.

Shows how long it is since I used mine. When I was buying them I used to just buy a vessel. I will look into this. Any links mate?

I live in hard water area so we have a domestic softener for the house. Kitchen and outside taps are mains hard water - everything else is softened. My car was ceramic coated and now I use outside tap water for washing and rinsing and then fill a watering can with soft house water to give a final rinse - don't even bother to towel dry, although that's primarily the benefit of the ceramic coat making the water bead up and roll off. Mind you I do get strange looks from the neighbours when they see me watering the car! I was a bit dubious over using house softened water rather than buying a specific DI set up, but there doesn't seem to be any drawbacks using the house softened water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom