Diagnostic codes 300CE-24

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray_hennig

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB 300CE-24 Sportline
Hello All,

Back to my 300CE-24 type W124.051.

Bosch KE injection with EZL, 5-speed 722.5 box etc. etc.

Started reading some codes today.

Please bear in mind that I've already used my home made box to read and clear a gearbox fault that prevented 4th gear remaining engaged and generally made the car miserable to drive. All that's now OK and the car's really going well aside from an intermittent reverse issue that I've addressed separately.

I have the 16-pin diagnostic socket near the battery.

1. Connected reader to battery.

2. Connected probe to pin 3 - CFI System

3. Read code 13: Intake air temperature is illogical.

>>> That's fine. It's entirely consistent with my last, dramatic improvement; that of replacing the dead sensor.

4. Attempted, several times to erase this code.

>>> I cannot erase this code!!!

5. Connected probe to pin 8 - Distributor ignition.

6. Read code 11: Preference resistor faulty.

>>> Don't understand this. I wonder what it is?

7. Read code 17: Crankshaft position sensor faulty.

>>> That's consistent with previous problems that the new CPS improved significantly.

>>> I cannot erase these codes (11 and 17). It has a new temperature sensor and a new CPS.

All this is interesting but not a major problem as I'm really very pleased with the way the car's going. I had a brilliant run yesterday in a mixture of heavy rain and sun and it was really enjoyable.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

The best to all.

RayH

Don't wory about them unless you have a problem. The old control units are not that reliable when it comes to codes and there are often sporadic

Not unduly worried ...

Don't wory about them unless you have a problem. The old control units are not that reliable when it comes to codes and there are often sporadic

I'm sure you're right. It's going like a dream so that's the main issue. I suppose it offends my sense of order that I cannot finish the job by clearing the codes.

One of our friends keeps referring to this sort of attitude as being '****' but what it's got to do with bottoms I have no idea.

Bon courage all.

RayH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom