Diagnostic scanner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi. Car does not have a OBD2 port, just the 38 pin under the hood. Star diagnostics is a crazy price, way to much for the average Joe. Unit mentioned at the begining does cater for vehicles with the 38 pin connector.

I saw that yes, but it also states

The CR Elite can work on engine system for chassis 202, 210, 140, 208, 170, 129;

but you would need to purchase iCarsoft 38 pin adapter for engine for conversion.

Which would probably take the price to about £250, compared to £149 complete for the one i mentioned later in my thread.

Fully understand the price element, I was the same but luckily v2 was good for me.

The pdfs I had checked before for the v1 you linked only shows the 210 on the oil light, the engine diagnostics pdf doesn’t list the 210 e-class for compatibility...double check to be sure I didn’t miss something and it fits your use. Would hate for you to end up disappointed in the end!

I can’t guarantee it will give you the extra functions but the more expensive one will give multiple manufacturer use too which may help justify the extra cost.

I’m not connected to them in any way lol, just want to help you out

If the v1 does what you need it to do, and most importantly matches your budget, then it’s a winner.
Fingers crossed it does the job for you ;)

Minor suggestion for the forum - if it does work for you, you could add -w210 to the thread title and anyone searching later will find it straight away with an affordable solution (after you done the leg work anyway lol)

Hopefully you get sorted out

Just seen this thread. I can advise I used the Carsoft 7.4 (don't confuse this with the later iCarsoft tools) very successfully on my 1997 R170 using the 36 pin connector under the bonnet as no obd port on pre facelift R170s. It was able to access most of the systems including the vario roof. Star it is not (have now upgraded to this) but is pretty good for older Mercs.

Hope that helps a bit.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Forgot to say it worked fine on the transmission.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Just seen this thread. I can advise I used the Carsoft 7.4 (don't confuse this with the later iCarsoft tools) very successfully on my 1997 R170 using the 36 pin connector under the bonnet as no obd port on pre facelift R170s. It was able to access most of the systems including the vario roof. Star it is not (have now upgraded to this) but is pretty good for older Mercs.

Hope that helps a bit.

So you used the Carsaft 7.4 multipl

And I just I just found a supplier in SA, that has the exact same unit for R2399, which is about £131, excludes delivery though. Unfortunately they dont have stock of the 16-38pin converter cable, so I have to wait for that. I sent i Carsoft several emails for a bit more information, and havent received a reply as yet. Im soo scared to buy it, and it cannot reset the limp mode. My wife will MOER me

Yes I did use the Carsoft 7.4 multiplexer.
Also remember you may well not be able to clear a particular fault code if there is still a fault present. You always need to address the underlying cause as well as clear the code unless it was only due to some transitory event like a flat battery.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

after selling some of my belongings, I took the plunge and ordered the iCarsoft MB V1. Its gonna take about 4 working days to get here. I will keep you gusy updated. If that unit fails, Im fooked :)

So my iCarsoft MB V1 scanner arrived today, I just need to wait for the 16-32pin convertor cable, should be here by tomorrow, according to the courier company. I will let you guys know how things turn out.

I thought I would give you guys a heads up on my scanner buy. I received the adapter cable today and plugged it in. It does not show the W210 as advertised, maybe its because of the generic adapter cable. None the less, it came up with 6 codes, and yes I forgot to make a note of them. These included multiple misfires, and an O2 sensor issue. These Im assuming are related to the plugs that were shot. These have all been cleared, using the scanner. One code still pops up after every clear and engine restart. That is the P0748 pressure control solenoid 'a' electrical :-(

Google suggests a generic code, something Im not familiar with. Could be one of several things causing an issues. I have changed the transmission fluid, and filter, so that rules out that. The 13 pin connector comes up as a possible suspect, I havent noticed any wet marks around that area, will check it out none the less and replace it. Other than that, its wiring and a solenoid.

Do any of you have any other suggestions or possible causes?

Cheers

Exact message on scanner reads like so

pending
p0748 pressure control solenoid 'a' electrical

No that I think of it, I cannot access any vehicle info on the scanner

Last edited:
And another update. Initially I could not see a listing for the 210, but after an update on both the iCarsoft system as well as the "makes", I managed to get a listing for the e210. Not just one, but several of them, including the 4 matic. But, even after the update, I still cant access vehicle info, or do any of the individual scans on the ecu, abs or transmission.

I mailed iCarsoft support, with my vehicle particulars as well as the vin no, and hopefully they will be able to help me with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom