Diagnostic tool for E63 biturbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longman h

Car
E63 Biturbo Estate
Hi guys,

I was wondering which scanner/piece of software you all tend to use please as I'd like to keep one in the car?
I was looking at these but thought I'd see if anyone had any first hand experience?

My budget is around £200 so no workshop machine recommendations please. ;)

For Mercedes there's nothing better than the Star. They are a bit bulky and need a laptop but they offer a lot more than just reading/erasing codes. Double your budget but 10 times more usuable.

In all honesty, all I use is a little ELM327 bluetooth adaptor in the car, coupled with the torque app on my phone. It picks up and allows me to erase most generic type faults, though anything more serious then the car goes on Star as mentioned above.

Star is not the cheapest option but it is the best.

If you can stretch it, get a STAR (clone). The C4 has a wireless set up so easier to carry around. Will pay for itself after a few scans

Where does one get star from?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Where does one get star from?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Original one is from MB only and with a hefty subscription of about £10k/month if I remember correctly.

However here we refer to a clone tool which is available for a few hundred quid on eBay/Alibaba/et al. It's an illegal copy of course so use at your own risk.

Can anyone help with a link to decent eBay source please? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please do not post links to knock off versions on here.

Original one is from MB only and with a hefty subscription of about £10k/month if I remember correctly.

However here we refer to a clone tool which is available for a few hundred quid on eBay/Alibaba/et al. It's an illegal copy of course so use at your own risk.

I don't think it's quite that much

I'm sure Alfie oce posted it was around £8k + some subs

I use an icarsoft i980 but they do better versions now. I used it a lot on the SL just to depress myself how much more I would have to fix every month!

I use an icarsoft i980 but they do better versions now. I used it a lot on the SL just to depress myself how much more I would have to fix every month!

Yeah I saw an Icarsoft machine when I was searching and it seemed it would do the job.
Can they programme modules as well or just scan and erase fault codes?

Yeah I saw an Icarsoft machine when I was searching and it seemed it would do the job.
Can they programme modules as well or just scan and erase fault codes?

I believe the MB2 can do some basic programmes, my i980 scans and erases only

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom