diagnostic tool?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scott b

Car
C250 estate
hi, is there any Mercedes based diagnostic software that I can purchase, I used to have an audi and have a fleet of caddy vans so have the vagcom/VCDS software and lead. same spec as the dealers and cost £250, runs of a lap top. on the audi owners club site that I was on, there was a guy selling them on there, just seeing if there is anyone on here who does the same, or if anyone can recommend any software etc.

cheers

Hi,
There is nothing available for Mercedes that can match the power and versatility of VCDS I,m afraid unless you get the genuine MB STAR, which is eye wateringly expensive (in the region of £4k+ plus a monthly subscription for updates), you can get some generic code readers but unless you have a quite a new Merc these don,t, and if they did happen to work they will only read the major control units, eg, ABS, Engine, Airbag.
There are clone copies of STAR available normally from China, which come in the form of complete hard drive, but you will still need a multiplexer for most MB vehicles to be able to use it, and of course the relevant leads.
If you are interested in this do a search on e-bay, as you will usually find some on there and you might even find a UK supplier.

cheers for the reply, something to look into

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom