diagnostic tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Depends what you call reasonable and if you want an original or are happy with a clone

iCarsoft has good reviews on here. STAR is the best but unless you want to fork out £££s a clone is the way forward on one of those, around £250-£300

Last edited:
If your car's a 202 then you're limited in choice.

203 and after, an i980 iCarsoft is the way to go.

thinking of buying diagnostic code reader any ideas on reasonably priced one would be appreciated thanks

If your car is a W202 you need Carsoft 7.4.

It is laptop based (you need a laptop with a serial port running Windows 7 or Windiws XP) with a multiplexer between the laptop and the ecu connection.

The iCarsoft units will not interface with your car.

In certain ways 7.4 is better that the recent iCarsoft efforts, as it allows you to reset the adaptation on the gearbox as well as the throttle, and being laptop based, it is far more user friendly.

The prices now have dropped like a stone on this system in comparison to when I bought it (the multiplexer being the expensive bit) and can be found on ebay.

Icarsoft is a good value for money tester customer good as well

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

thanks for all your advice think i need to look deeper into this and find out proper one for my car, i have a 61 plate 250 c class auto diesel estate any help getting right one would be great

thanks for all your advice think i need to look deeper into this and find out proper one for my car, i have a 61 plate 250 c class auto diesel estate any help getting right one would be great

If it is a 61 plate, the iCarsoft units will do the job.

However they do not reset adaptation.

Good luck with your "deeper look". Hope you will find the right tools for your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom