Diagnostics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ankh0079

Car
Mercedes c220d bluetech
Hello all, my first ever post. So i have got a 14 plate mercedes c class bluetech, the car wasnt starting at all, no engine noise, looked like there was no actual connection, booked AA, they came and recommended to take it to garage. They towed it to the garage. Dealer called up on 3 different occasions saying that the mechanic needs more time to identlfy the fault, now they are suspicious of the fuse within steering control which could be faulty, they r charging it at £112 plus VAT, the only issue is they have also included diagnostic cost of 6 ridiculous hours to identify this, not sure if it could actually take up 6 hours for diagnosis?? They are going to bill me £900+ vat for this. Please help.. anything could be said/done about this?

Hello all, my first ever post. So i have got a 14 plate mercedes c class bluetech, the car wasnt starting at all, no engine noise, looked like there was no actual connection, booked AA, they came and recommended to take it to garage. They towed it to the garage. Dealer called up on 3 different occasions saying that the mechanic needs more time to identlfy the fault, now they are suspicious of the fuse within steering control which could be faulty, they r charging it at £112 plus VAT, the only issue is they have also included diagnostic cost of 6 ridiculous hours to identify this, not sure if it could actually take up 6 hours for diagnosis?? They are going to bill me £900+ vat for this. Please help.. anything could be said/done about this?
Did you agree to that much diagnostic time? If not, stand your ground. Did they give you any indication of the cost at the outset? Also who took the car to the maindealer, was it Mercedes own breakdown assistance ("Mobilo" or their agent)?

Edited to add, I can see it was the AA.

Did you agree to that much diagnostic time? If not, stand your ground. Did they give you any indication of the cost at the outset? Also who took the car to the maindealer, was it Mercedes own breakdown assistance ("Mobilo" or their agent)?
They said to me it could be upto 3 hours, as the car has been lying there since 2 weeks, i wanted to get it sorted. But now they are trying to bill me for the whole 6 hours, no less

They said to me it could be upto 3 hours, as the car has been lying there since 2 weeks, i wanted to get it sorted. But now they are trying to bill me for the whole 6 hours, no less
Did they tell you the hourly rate?

Right six hours diagnostic, what were they using "NASA spaceship kit" I would have thought any decent diagnostic tool would nave picked up the codes. Have they mentioned any OBD codes ? A star session takes about 15 minutes to do a quick scan, did the AA man not scan the car ? You need to take control of this before you get shafted any more. £900.00 and fixed would be bad enough but £900.00 still broken is just nuts.

That's madness! OK, some faults are not easy to find but you expect better from a dealer. Double the initial quote and still not fixed...I'd stand my ground and tell them to keep dreaming. A call to say that extra time would be required should have been made to you. They can't issue an invoice at their will and expect someone to pay it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom