Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
While for the last 5 years I have not curbed one of my wheels two of my wheels have been damaged by tyre fitters.

Diamond cut wheels are a big mistake by Mercedes IMO
I would never consider having them refurbished as diamond cut, better off having the whole wheel powder coated and lacquered, the finish will last a lot longer.
My AMG C250 wheels have never been curbed and the car has done 30k miles, all four wheels are actually corroding from the middle where the centre caps are located.

Been sold Mercedes wheel insurance, turns out I've purchased "Ever Useless" Jardines own cover. Which excludes diamond cut repairs.

Another stand up showroom row beckons.....

Been sold Mercedes wheel insurance, turns out I've purchased "Ever Useless" Jardines own cover. Which excludes diamond cut repairs.

Another stand up showroom row beckons.....

Hopefully it won't come to that if they sold alloy wheel insurance which excludes diamond cut wheels, for a car with diamond cut wheels!! :eek:

Alf Barnet said:
Been sold Mercedes wheel insurance, turns out I've purchased "Ever Useless" Jardines own cover. Which excludes diamond cut repairs. Another stand up showroom row beckons.....
I was advised by the same group they didn't cover my wheels when I bought my car. Which dealer in the group was it?

Lakeside.

Sworn blind they didn't know an official MB product existed on the MB website too. Lying *******s.

Lakeside.

Sworn blind they didn't know an official MB product existed on the MB website too. Lying *******s.

Leigh on sea offered me the MB product but then checked and even that didn't cover diamond cut so wouldn't offer the product.

I used to get my cars from lakeside order loads of high end stuff. Was just about to order the GtS from them when I cooked the front disks on my SL they offered me a special discount price of 5k as a loyal customer. Checked and another dealer quoted 3k. They lost that order and all future ones.

Really poor. Every dealer gets the standard packages to sell wonder if MB UK know they are flogging third party products?

Update got my wheels refinished by the above dealer group after a lot of calls, in the end they refurbished the wheels (dealer themselves not on insurance) after Mercedes HQ got onto the area principle. Shouldn't have took all the hassle, but it did. Anyone needing helping with this franchise PM and I will point you in the right direction.

Mercedes Retail Group told me that their insurance policy won't refurbish diamond cut rims but will replace them with £100 excess. You can 4 replacements in a space of 3 years. If you had normal rims then the excess is £45 as they can mobile refurbish them without issues and you can claim up to 10 times in a 3 year period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom