Diamond Cut Alloys refurbishment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deemi786

Car
Mercedes C250 AMG Sport Plus
Hello all, its been some time since my last post, but i am looking for referrals for places in or around Hertfordshire (Watford) to get my alloys refurbished at a reasonable price before the car goes back to Mercedes (had it on a 4 year lease)

Also some advice please, is it worth me just powder coating them or getting them fully refurb'd since the car is going back to Mercedes.

I have searched and seen multiple threads but wanted to get an up to date list with prices if possible and some advice from experts...

Any ideas people.

Last edited:
Smart repair if it's going back - that's all they would do if they were selling it anyway.

i've used the postal service from rimfurbish, cost wasnt so bad, time scale was a little slow

with the diamond cut, and i've seen this twice now (from different places) you can get corrosion on the surface under the lacquer after as little as 6 months, if it's not 100% dry/free from damp when sprayed, and this seems to be a vulnerability of this finish, and why most places wont warranty diamond cut finishes

I had mine refurbished at alloywheelrefurbishment in Hanwell.

£300 for four, black powder coat with a diamond-cut lip.

New powder coated wheels with diamond-cut lip by alexmastersuk, on Flickr

I think they're rather natty!. They will diamond cut your wheels - I believe the clear coat is powdercoated rather than two pack, so hopefully they will last. They can also straighten buckled or cracked wheels. Mine were quite badly kerbed, but now I can't tell where they were welded and ground flat. A nice job at a competitive price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom