Diamond Parking Services Gatwick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wobbly

MB Enthusiast
Car
2018 GLC 220d AMG line Premium + 1989 500SL Now sold, replaced with 2007 Aston Martin DB9
You call them when you are 20 minutes away from the airport, they meet you at the terminal, and take your car to off site secure parking. Then on your return they are waiting at the terminal for you with your car, so no transfer buses.

Has anyone used them, and what is the quality of service.

Price seems ok, only a few £'s dearer than parking on site.

Never have and never would. I don't fancy letting them drive my car...

If you look into it a bit further you can probably get a room at a hotel and leave your car there for 2-3 weeks for very similar money.

You call them when you are 20 minutes away from the airport, they meet you at the terminal, and take your car to off site secure parking. Then on your return they are waiting at the terminal for you with your car, so no transfer buses.

Has anyone used them, and what is the quality of service.

Price seems ok, only a few £'s dearer than parking on site.

Sure I saw a program on TV where a similar company provided this service, allegedly. On collecting the keys they then proceeded to park it at various random locations where your pride and joy is at the mercy of local thugs who viewed the car as a mobile parts department. :eek:

I wouldn’t do it if it were me, I’d rather leave my car at home and get an airport taxi or train to the airport or wherever and not have the worry.:)

There's a company next to my business park that seem quite professional and have a secure clean compound, these guys:-

The Gatwick Meet and Greet Parking Company

If you go on Google earth and type in RH6 0HQ you can see their car park facility.

If you look into it a bit further you can probably get a room at a hotel and leave your car there for 2-3 weeks for very similar money.

Holiday Inn Gatwick offer this. Then you get a shuttle bus from the hotel.

The Hilton now charge for parking.

Also - forget driving into the North Terminal at the moment, due to roadwaorks there it's chaos, it's quicker to go to the South Terminal and get the shuttle in the terminal.

I wouldn't use them either. I mistakenly used this kind of outfit in the past and the cars were dumped in a muddy field millimeters apart from each other which required constant moving around of the cars to get access to cars belonging to customers on the return loop.

The guys running the place looked like they were moonlighting from the local fairground and I felt decidedly uneasy with giving them my car keys let alone telling them my address and how long I would be away for.

I was absolutely stunned to see people happily handing over their front door keys with their car keys to these un-vetted strangers knowing the company also held their address details. :eek:

Such firms have featured on Dogwatch. Not only do they dump cars in fields and on industrial estates, they also use them as minicabs!

I get all the family cars dumped at my warehouse for duration of holidays, the downside of being right next to Gatwick......

Maybe I should offer a forum service, for a reasonable fee of course.:rolleyes:

Dont use them! I used one of those cowboys at Terminal 2 last year and when I got back and my car was returned everything looked normal. Fast forward to 2 days later and rain starts to fall, automatic wiper comes on but only the drivers side gets cleaned (thank God). On getting home and inspecting, I found out the nearside wiper motor was broken. How anyone broke that or why is a question I still dont have an answer for.

Thanks everyone for the input. Seemed a good idea.;)

Looks like its going to be the usual Parking Express, and my keys tucked deep in my pocket during the trip away,

Thanks everyone for the input. Seemed a good idea.;)

Looks like its going to be the usual Parking Express, and my keys tucked deep in my pocket during the trip away,

Take two sets - just incase you lose one on holiday.....nothing worse than getting back to Blighty and no keys...:eek:

APH are the cheapest i found, are you a memeber of The Mercedes-Benz Club they have a discount code for 15% off.

There's a company next to my business park that seem quite professional and have a secure clean compound, these guys:-

The Gatwick Meet and Greet Parking Company

If you go on Google earth and type in RH6 0HQ you can see their car park facility.

I Google Earthed the postcodes of one of these companies and it was a council house..presumably they park cars in the street!

I Google Earthed the postcodes of one of these companies and it was a council house..presumably they park cars in the street!

That postcode covers approximately half a mile of the Regiate Road, move Google Earth a few inches north and you'll see a purpose built concrete compound with CCTV and 24 hr staff. There's even the photo thingy when you zoom in so you can see the gates and the parked cars.

That postcode covers approximately half a mile of the Regiate Road, move Google Earth a few inches north and you'll see a purpose built concrete compound with CCTV and 24 hr staff. There's even the photo thingy when you zoom in so you can see the gates and the parked cars.

No, I was talking about another firm....but I've noted the firm you refer t for my next trip from Gatwick..cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom