Diamond turned alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ted

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RC300h F-Sport, Yamaha XVS 1100, Toyota C-HR GR sport
Well, the winter hasn't been kind to the ('diamond turned') alloys on the Kia and they started to go milky on one of the edges. (Not as bad as the AMG ones on the CLK though :/ )

So the nice man at Kia replaced all four free of charge :rock::rock::thumb:

I've looked on the web, and I can't really find any advice on how to prevent this.

Am I doomed to claiming for new wheels/refurbing/driving around with tatty alloys forever, or is there any way of preventing this happening over the winter.

Is there anything I should be doing now while the wheels are new?

Yes unless you get refurbed and get a satin chrome finish painted or powder coated on them

Glass coat them with Gtechniq C5 & EXO. Then jet wash them weekly and you will be completely fine:)

So the nice man at Kia replaced all four free of charge :rock::rock::thumb:

Another example of decent Kia customer service. This is getting tiresome now ;) One day I'll have to get myself one of their cars to see what all the fuss is about.

Can't help much regarding the wheels, sorry. I've also diamond cut wheels and just try to wash them regularly.

Thank you for the answers guys - wow that EXO is EXPENSIVE!!

Will, they were good - only the fronts were noticeably affected but they decided to replace all four. Bloody good service :)

Ted said:
Thank you for the answers guys - wow that EXO is EXPENSIVE!!

Will, they were good - only the fronts were noticeably affected but they decided to replace all four. Bloody good service :)

Exo is very cheap for the product. £33 + delivery!

It can be used on all external surfaces.

How is EXO different to C5...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom