Diamond White Touch Up Paint.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Treborsweet

Car
Mercedes S205 C250 Premium Plus Diamond White 2017
Morning all, managed to scratch my bumper yesterday, not badly but i know its there and looking to touch it up as it doesn't warrant a bumper respray.
Looks much worse enlarged, has anyone had any luck with a touch up with this colour (i know its a 3 coat process)

Attachments

• 20210410_170340.jpg
    20210410_170340.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
My last E63 was Diamond White and the Mercedes 3-part touch up pencil set was completely hopeless. It was never a good match to start with and then discoloured over time leaving a very obvious repair. It was so bad that at some point during 2016/17 Mercedes withdrew the Diamond White kit, although it appears that it has since been reinstated (hopefully as a reformulated version).

I did buy a 2-part touch up kit from fleabay that was a much better match, but due to the multi-layer pearlescent paint process whatever you do short of a professional respray will be quite visible.

I Agree completely with st13phil. I also purchased the Mercedes touch up paint for my old Diamond White E63, terrible stuff.
I ended up getting a touch up kit off a seller on Ebay, it was way better.

You'll at least take the bad look off that scratch, but build it up in layers as best you can, don't try to fill it in one go.
One alternative trick I've learned which is quite effective, but not completely permanent is Crayola Crayons if you are able to get a white which is close enough.

I've used them on several cars over the years for hiding small scratches, or stone chips :)

Put a sticker over it...My Other Car is ? Sorry...Couldn't resist it LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom