Diamondbrite Treatment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
After Pammy mentioned having her new car treated with Diamondbrite I was intrigued enough to do some research and ask questions.

The result is that I managed to get hold of a kit and treated my car last night, the result is awesome. :bannana:

Those of you who know me and have seen my car, will know that I like to keep it clean and looking good. I have tried all sorts, Mer, Meguiars, Zymol, Turtle Wax, Armor All etc. Nothing compares to the depth of shine, smoothness and ease of application of Diamondbrite.

It is a two stage process, stage one cleans the surface and somehow makes most of the swirl marks dissappear. Stage 2 is the glaze that produces the awesome shine and really brings out the metallic colour and leaves a silky, smooth, non stick, deep shine.

It's been raining here all day and the beading is incredible, the water just flies off, I have done 120 miles today on dirty, salty roads and it still looks fantastic, almost spotless, the dirt literally falls off!

If their claims of this stuff lasting 6 years is correct then I will be very happy and will have to look for a hobby for Sunday afternoons and throw away all my collection of various polishes, waxes and cleaners. :D

Pammy, did your car come with any aftercare instructions specific to the Diamondbrite treatment? I have the special shampoo in the kit and also the fabric treatment and leather care that I have not yet used. Is regular waxing necessary or a definite no no as it will remove the treatment?

Interesting . . . . better than ZYMOL ?!?!?!?!?

(bet it doesn't smell as good though ;) ;))

I shall have to inspect. What does an application cost ... roughly ?

S.

Not sure that it will do much for Silver cars, they are always dull!! :D

No, seriously, I spoke to some main dealers that I deal with and they all charge at least £300, it usually takes 2-3 hours to do a car. The actual cost of the kit? Didn't get straight answer but I would guess at around £50, I picked mine up for considerably less than that!

I had diamondbrite done to my car when i bought it and i was happy with the shine (cost ~£300). a year later i needed to get a couple of panels resprayed thanks to some scumbag (whose life i hope is truly miserable). that's when i tried Zymol. I thought the zymol looked miles better. The beading is much better as well. maybe the dealer didn't do a good job of applying it. i guess the big advantage of DB is that you don't have to toil over your car's bodywork every month.

glad it's worked out for you jimmy. hope the results are long lasting.

jimmy said:
Not sure that it will do much for Silver cars, they are always dull!!
HE HE - quote of the week - he he nice one Jimmy

Jimmy - wouldn't mind getting details of how to get a kit to try ?

kits available

mbzslk230k said:
Jimmy - wouldn't mind getting details of how to get a kit to try ?
there seems to be a lot of interest in the jewelbrite/diamondbrite paintwork treatment.as everyone knows it costs in the region of £300 to have done at the main agents ,but its not available to the public as a diy kit.the kit consists of 2 bottles a precoat and a top coat and a scotchguard type carpet and upholstery spray.i can get the actual paintwork treatment consisting of the 2 bottles for £35,plus whatever the postage is.a true bargain .the beauty of applying it yourself is you know its been done and not just polished by the dealer and you get charged £300.the differance to the paintwork has to be seen to be belived.if anyone is interested send me a mail at [email protected].

jimmy said:
Pammy, did your car come with any aftercare instructions specific to the Diamondbrite treatment? I have the special shampoo in the kit and also the fabric treatment and leather care that I have not yet used. Is regular waxing necessary or a definite no no as it will remove the treatment?
Jimmy - sorry I missed this before - god knows how:rolleyes:

The instructions you get are to wash the car with clean water first to remove excess muck, then wash with the shampoo, then once a month final rinse with the conserver and that's it.

You can use the conserver to remove minor scratches and fly splats, tar spots etc, it is mildly abrasive apparently:eek:

I'm gonna be at home today so hoping the weather will be OK for me to wash my little SILVER darling - it's the best:bannana:

I'm going to have a word with the parts dept today, see what sort of price they could do me a kit for, purely out of curiosity :)

Shude said:
I'm going to have a word with the parts dept today, see what sort of price they could do me a kit for, purely out of curiosity :)
Nick, I thought it was Trade only? Looking at the website all you can buy is stuff to preserve the DB thats already on the car?

Maybe I'm missing something?

GregE240 said:
Nick, I thought it was Trade only?

I am very friendly with my stealership parts dept, I got a full kit for cost price, now I just have to wait for a dry day to apply it all! :D

Full marks to my stealership! :D

Attachments

• diamondbrite.jpg
    diamondbrite.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 231
jukie said:
So how much was "cost"?
£30! Not exactly cheap but I s'pose it's worth it for all that stuff!

GregE240 said:
Part number?
No part number AFAIK, it's not an oem part. I've not paid for it yet anyway, when I get the bill on Friday I will see what it says, might be a number or something on there! :)

Noooooo!!

That's not Diamondbrite!

It maybe a cheaper alternative but certainly not Diamondbrite.

I am sure you cannot get it, was quite surprised when you said the dealer had sold you some. Trade only or there are other ways of getting hold of it but it's not easy, I have tried and I am in the trade but they wont sell it to me as I am not a Valeter or car dealer.

I have a source but by the time you put the carriage on it's about the same as Mercmans.

jimmy said:
Noooooo!!

That's not Diamondbrite!
When you tick "diamondbrite" on a new car at Whitefield, you pay £300 and get that put on your car!

EDIT:even if it is a cheaper alternative, I will try it anyway, see what it's like, if it's good enough for a brand new car it's good enough for mine!

EDIT again :)
I just checked the stuff here, it's guaranteed for 6 years, paintwork and fabric (assuming you had it put on the car from new). I guess it's simply an alternative to diamondbrite!

Last edited:
According to the invoice I got today from the stealership, the package I took away with me was "ZDIAMONDBRITE 20030401 VALETING KIT".

Sounds dodgy to me! :)

The real Diamondbrite is made by Jewelultra Link

The packaging is quite distinctive with a green diamond. A bit odd that the MB dealer should call it Diamondbrite but you get something else. I know some dealers offer Supaguard instead.

jimmy said:
A bit odd that the MB dealer should call it Diamondbrite but you get something else.
I'm hoping it's an equivalent product that's exactly the same! :)

I want to apply the stuff, but sadly I've not had a dry day yet, and I don't think we're due one up here in lancashire until sometime in 2007, so I might have to go somewhere indoors like a local multistorey carpark to let the car dry-off and get polished :) . I will naturally post pics when I'm done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom